Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

XM so annoying...

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2011, 11:01 AM
11_xS_coupe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
XM so annoying...

Does anyone know if there is a way to get the XM stuff out of my car. I dont feel like tabbing through 3 seperate XM "channels" just to get back to my FM. If you dont subscribe to XM you shouldnt have to scroll through those it everytime you want to go to FM or AM or what not..

Prob no way to delete them but figured id ask.
Old 07-26-2011, 11:15 AM
nbarone

I don't think u can delete them but u should be able to make ur "a" "b" settings all fm. For me I made all my presets XM to avoid going to FM, so when I start my car I am always in XM mode. u should be able to do same with ur fm stations.
Old 07-26-2011, 12:04 PM
fluxemag

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Flip side...is there any way I can get it to stop showing FM channels and AM channels? I don't need reminders of what life was like before technology evolved.

I'd like to scroll through USB and the three XM lists using the source button on the steering wheel without seeing FM or AM. Disclaimer: I already know this can't be done.
Old 07-26-2011, 12:13 PM
Abdiel

you can try unplugging the xm module and see if the radio was designed to not show xm screens if it is not present.

according to the service manual, the xm module is in the trunk near the rear right wheel area.
Old 07-26-2011, 03:37 PM
cribbsjy

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by fluxemag
Flip side...is there any way I can get it to stop showing FM channels and AM channels? I don't need reminders of what life was like before technology evolved.

I'd like to scroll through USB and the three XM lists using the source button on the steering wheel without seeing FM or AM. Disclaimer: I already know this can't be done.
Then why are you still paying for XM? Pandora called, they want you to get with the times and leave that early-2000s s*it behind
Old 07-26-2011, 04:35 PM
_ant_

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
^ lollllz
Old 07-26-2011, 06:44 PM
fluxemag

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by cribbsjy
Then why are you still paying for XM? Pandora called, they want you to get with the times and leave that early-2000s s*it behind

Haha, I'll give you that . My car didn't have an aux input or streaming Bluetooth from the factory so I couldn't use Pandora for a long time. I found some advice on here and got it hooked up now through the XM module on channel 0. But besides that, my free trial never got turned off, so I'm getting XM fo freeee.
Old 07-26-2011, 06:53 PM
jaahhnn

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
pandora has the most annoying commercials...

But as for xm i heard its easy to call and get extended trials if you tell them you havnt had a chance to really use XM
Old 07-27-2011, 10:15 AM
11_xS_coupe

Originally Posted by nbarone
I don't think u can delete them but u should be able to make ur "a" "b" settings all fm. For me I made all my presets XM to avoid going to FM, so when I start my car I am always in XM mode. u should be able to do same with ur fm stations.
I will def. do this is unplugging the xm module does not work...

Originally Posted by Abdiel
you can try unplugging the xm module and see if the radio was designed to not show xm screens if it is not present.

according to the service manual, the xm module is in the trunk near the rear right wheel area.
Thanks, il give this a try when i get home tonight.