Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

09 vert cable for ipod

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2011, 03:32 PM
stevelam

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
09 vert cable for ipod

i hate my cord that came with the car, it cuts in and out sometimes and u gotta play with the connection to the i pod sometimes cuz it says its not connected. my new ipod touch also says that the cable im using does not support any charging capabilities wtf? is there any alternative to this cord? wish it was a usb cord like in all the newer cars. is there an adapter perhaps to make a usb connect to that big ugly square plug?
Old 07-12-2011, 06:07 PM
bschurr
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by stevelam
i hate my cord that came with the car, it cuts in and out sometimes and u gotta play with the connection to the i pod sometimes cuz it says its not connected. my new ipod touch also says that the cable im using does not support any charging capabilities wtf? is there any alternative to this cord? wish it was a usb cord like in all the newer cars. is there an adapter perhaps to make a usb connect to that big ugly square plug?
Hey Steve -
I am not aware of any alternatives for the 09 iPod integration.

Although my big pet peeve with the car is the use of a CF card - WTF? Who the F uses that for anything but cameras???

On a positive note, I would suggest a trip to the dealer and have your cord swapped out - I bet there is either an intermittent short or a bent prong. I dont have any issues and have used several Apple devices including an older Nano, current Nano, iTouch and an iPhone 4 without the audio symptoms you describe.
Old 07-12-2011, 06:40 PM
lier200a

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have trouble with ipod touches and iphones(lose connection sometimes)... all other ipods work no problem and charge.
Old 10-06-2011, 10:19 PM
ARod221

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i have been having this problem for quite some time. I almost always have the audio from iPod cut in and out. The screen simply states "iPod is not connected"
I'M ABOUT TO LOSE MY FREAKIN MIND!!!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated guys!
Old 10-06-2011, 11:19 PM
cvipgo
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by bschurr
Hey Steve -
I am not aware of any alternatives for the 09 iPod integration.

Although my big pet peeve with the car is the use of a CF card - WTF? Who the F uses that for anything but cameras???

On a positive note, I would suggest a trip to the dealer and have your cord swapped out - I bet there is either an intermittent short or a bent prong. I dont have any issues and have used several Apple devices including an older Nano, current Nano, iTouch and an iPhone 4 without the audio symptoms you describe.
CF is useless - never used it

It may be the car's connector that interface with cable..