Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Help Navtool with 2010

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2011, 09:41 AM
prescott3656
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Navtool with 2010

Hey guys, I'm having some problems installing my Navtool and the Navtool website is not very clear. One one part of the site, it says to connect the Navtool to the navigation computer, not the LCD screen. Then on the installation PDF, it says make sure you connect it to the LCD screen only.

I have hooked mine up to the back of the screen but I can not get any video to switch. Also when talking to the Navtool tech support, They said i must hook the green wire to ground, but i have no green wire...

One other thing i noticed is that when i unhooked the 9-pin RGB out cable from the Navtool box, my navigation was still on the screen. Maybe there is a problem with the wiring harness?

If anyone has any experience with this, any info will be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 06-20-2011, 10:35 AM
Weiboy718

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Did you ground both white wires? The green wire is suppose to be connected to the e-brake but you can ground that also. The blue wire is for optional backup camera which you probably won't need so leave that off.

Sounds like you did everything correctly, is the power on? Also there's a switch selector on the side of the box to switch between Japanese and euro cars. Try that and also try resetting by holding both + - button together. See what it does
Old 06-20-2011, 10:41 AM
prescott3656
Registered Member

Here's the weird part, My box only had 4 wires coming out, a red and black wire for the switch and then the Blue for the camera 12v and a white. It seems most other people had another white wire and green to ground but i do not. I did ground the one white wire i had. I was not using the blue wire, but i did try to hook it up to 12v to see if i could get anything on video 2 but i still got nothing. The box has power, the LED is on. I have adjusted all the switches and i can't even get a flicker. Might just be a bad box.
Old 06-20-2011, 10:46 AM
Weiboy718

They probably sent you The wrong box. My friend just bought one recently too and It's having issues. Gonna send it back to them. What are you trying to do?
Old 06-20-2011, 10:56 AM
prescott3656
Registered Member

I think I am gonna send mine back for replacement too. I was just chatting with the tech support again and the guy said i must have a green wire. I had to send him a picture to prove it was missing. Then he said i might need a replacement. I just got my Blitz R Vit DS and i really wanna play with it! lol
Old 06-20-2011, 11:08 AM
Weiboy718

Ah,that's a nice unit. if I hadn't bought my hks camp2 that blitz would've been in my car. only bad thing about that system is there's no optional boost sensor
Old 06-20-2011, 11:52 AM
prescott3656
Registered Member

yea i might get a stand alone boost gauge but with the supercharger, you're either making boost or your not. I wanted A/F ratio and that is too expensive on the Camp2. I like the way the blitz looks a little better.

-well i guess you could be leaking boost...
Old 06-20-2011, 03:40 PM
Weiboy718

Originally Posted by prescott3656
yea i might get a stand alone boost gauge but with the supercharger, you're either making boost or your not. I wanted A/F ratio and that is too expensive on the Camp2. I like the way the blitz looks a little better.

-well i guess you could be leaking boost...
That's the really good thing about the blitz is the afr reads out of the box, can't beat that but the hks does have more sensors you can connect.

I thought about getting just a analog afr gauge, I probably won't cuz it just looks so out of place without a proper gauge pod
Old 06-20-2011, 04:05 PM
prescott3656
Registered Member

yea i am the same way with the extra gauge, there is no good place to put it. I might get get one for testing and not keep it in the car really. Which extra sensors do you have on your Camp2? Sam said i could get by without a monitoring system with the SC but i think i will feel a little better having one.

Sent my Navtool off today. Hopefully i can get that resolved soon.
Old 06-20-2011, 04:21 PM
Weiboy718

So far I only have boost. Oil temp and oil pressure. I'm looking into the egt and fuel pressure soon and gonna save up for The knock amp.

However, Sam is right! We don't necessary need all them gauges but everyone will agree it'll give you a peace of mind having it. If that navtool doesn't work out pm me I can show you another way to bypass it
Old 06-20-2011, 04:25 PM
shumby

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Spend the money wei and buy the knock amp for the camp 2 i am doing that this fall.

OP you def have the wrong box you most def need a green wire. and make sure to ground it and not hook it up to the break sensor. That way you can look at all your sensors and still have full control over your audio when you are driving.
Old 06-20-2011, 04:26 PM
shumby

Originally Posted by Weiboy718
So far I only have boost. Oil temp and oil pressure. I'm looking into the egt and fuel pressure soon and gonna save up for The knock amp.

However, Sam is right! We don't necessary need all them gauges but everyone will agree it'll give you a peace of mind having it. If that navtool doesn't work out pm me I can show you another way to bypass it

^^^ sounds like you are talking about that which we do not talk about lol
Old 06-20-2011, 04:27 PM
shumby

oh wei becareful wha5t wire you tell him to put the switch on and which on to ground if you do tell him that as the pin out for the 2010 is different from the 08-09
Old 06-20-2011, 05:06 PM
Weiboy718

Originally Posted by shumby
Spend the money wei and buy the knock amp for the camp 2 i am doing that this fall.

OP you def have the wrong box you most def need a green wire. and make sure to ground it and not hook it up to the break sensor. That way you can look at all your sensors and still have full control over your audio when you are driving.
I'm trying to save up for a engine build, waiting for a quote from Sam. Might hold off on the knock amp.

I'll be sure to double check the pins if he does want something like that done. Thanks and hit me up on aim dumby
Old 06-20-2011, 06:34 PM
prescott3656
Registered Member

Oil temp and pressure would be pretty good. Im not concerned about egt with the SC.
That knock amp is a good chunk of money, nice addition tho. Thanks for the info guys. I'll let you know what happens with the Navtool.

Maybe i can use this time to install my RaceLogic TC...

Quick Reply: Help Navtool with 2010