Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

XM traffic/weather

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2011, 01:35 PM
christopher43

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
XM traffic/weather

just signed up for XM radio with the traffic/weather and the radio and traffic info. are great, does the weather do anything? my neighbor can access a weather map with his 2011 ford, I haven't found anything related to radar on mine.
Old 06-16-2011, 02:36 PM
Noremac

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yes, there is a radar weather map, a warnings/watch map, and current/forecast information for lots of locations. Keep looking and when in doubt - read the manual
Old 06-16-2011, 04:44 PM
bitNine

Yup... you can use the voice command "weather map"
Old 06-18-2011, 10:42 AM
dopey
Registered Member

I signed up for XM weather and ended up getting rid of it. While it's a nice to have, many of the scrolling features didn't work so well unless you're in specific areas that have better coverage.

I just use my android phone now when I need to check the weather. The various apps on there are much much more capable.
Old 06-18-2011, 08:35 PM
maxfinity

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I subscribe to Nav traffic and weather and the severe weather alerts do come in handy. The only thing that really bothers me is when the system announces an "Other Warning". WTF is that? Why announce it without letting me know what type of warning it is?
Old 06-19-2011, 09:07 AM
voltic

Originally Posted by christopher43
just signed up for XM radio with the traffic/weather and the radio and traffic info. are great, does the weather do anything? my neighbor can access a weather map with his 2011 ford, I haven't found anything related to radar on mine.
You do have a 2010 or later G37 right? 2008/2009 don't have XM weather.

Edit: Super jealous.
Old 06-19-2011, 10:52 AM
christopher43

damm, was about to walk outside and try the voice command "weathermap".....then i read your post voltic. i have a 08
Old 06-19-2011, 09:08 PM
voltic

Yeah I was wondering the same when I was starting my XM subscription, sorry man.
Pissed me off a little, don't see why they can't do this as a software update with map upgrade.
Old 07-25-2011, 11:49 AM
TraderAlex

I just did the same thing, took delivery recently of a new, 2011 G37S 6MT. The weather and traffic features add damn near an extra $100.00 to the cost of the XM subscription. But I thought I would give it a shot for a year, before just paying for radio, only. I think also the customer service at Sirus/XM sucks. It is located obviously "offshore" from North America. And I don't think their CS plays straight with the customers. They seem to be instructed to attempt to boost customers into paying higher fees than what might be posted on their website, or in mailers. So you have to be ready to challange them, when the numbers they toss at you don't sound quite right.
And this "musicality" surcharge is really offensive, as far as I am concerned. Sorry for this rant-but all three of the cars in our household have sat radios. I have been on the phone with their CS a number of times, and I do not like or trust they they deal with the customer. It always feels like a game of poker with them, who is going to win the hand?