Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

viper alarm

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2011, 01:56 AM
chogrilla

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
viper alarm

so im almost set on getting viper alarm system installed in the g but need to know if anyone has had any issues with their alarm draining the car battery. read some reviews where people claim their batteries have been drained not long after the alarm was installed. any info would be appreciated thanks
Old 06-12-2011, 06:49 AM
maxfinity

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by chogrilla
so im almost set on getting viper alarm system installed in the g but need to know if anyone has had any issues with their alarm draining the car battery. read some reviews where people claim their batteries have been drained not long after the alarm was installed. any info would be appreciated thanks
I have a Viper Alarm on my car and i have never had a dead battery. My car has sat for days with no battery problems. I'd recommend using a reputable installer though just to minimize the risk of future problems.
Old 02-26-2012, 01:48 PM
iwasgointo

I have a viper system and the battery will go dead if the car is not driven for 2 weeks.
Old 02-26-2012, 02:20 PM
Nomad4g63

I've had a viper alarm since my first car and never had a dead battery caused by alarm
Old 03-03-2012, 06:02 AM
37driver
Premier Member

Viper

I've had my Viper for about two months. So far no issues at all.
Old 03-03-2012, 08:45 PM
egmmbah

I worked at Best Buy for years as an install lead and I am MECP certified. . . A few things the only way an alarm will drain your battery (if installed correctly) is if someone continually sets off the alarm over and over and over again for probably a week straight every time it stops they tap the car again setting it off. . . Basically an alarm shouldn't cause that. . .

Next thing. . . Why do you want the alarm? If for convenience features like remote start, window roll up, etc. I understand, if it is for security it will only prevent a kid from taking your rims (as long as you have a proximity sensor installed) but the people who are actually taking the cars themselves isn't going to stop anything if you know what you are doing alarms are completely pointless for security. . .

Please if you are one of the arrogant people on here that think their car cant be stolen because of our key fobs, and it cant be taken without the original key etc its untrue our cars are actually far easier to take then the G35's if ou know how to read diagrams and really know security then you understand why I am saying this if not you probably won't understand. . .
Old 03-05-2012, 02:59 PM
maxfinity

If they really want the car they will take it. But most of the time its little delinquents breaking your window looking for goodies. I personally got my alarm installed for the smartstart but it has deterred alot of break-ins as well. Since I've had the proximity sensor installed i haven't had any more attempts on my car. My neighbors on the other hand aren't so lucky. It's a hurtful feeling to come outside to find your window bust out.