Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

What cables are needed to connect my Ipod to the G coupe

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2011, 09:59 PM
webbers21

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What cables are needed to connect my Ipod to the G coupe

Im trying to hook my ipod and iPhone to the car and I dont know what cables are needed they are located in the arm rest please help
Old 06-05-2011, 10:13 PM
Goonz
Premier Member

Received 60 Likes on 54 Posts
what year is your car? Do you have premium package?

Any connections to an audio device would take place in your armrest so I suggest looking in there to see what outlets you have..
Old 06-05-2011, 10:19 PM
KAHBOOM
Super Moderator of Pwnage

Received 195 Likes on 139 Posts
If its an 08 or 09 you will need the cable from Infiniti.
Old 06-05-2011, 10:21 PM
TVPostSound
Registered Member

Received 115 Likes on 88 Posts
Originally Posted by webbers21
Im trying to hook my ipod and iPhone to the car and I dont know what cables are needed they are located in the arm rest please help
'10 and '11, all is needed is your regular iPod/iPhone cable.
Old 06-05-2011, 10:23 PM
webbers21

09 g37s so i will have to buy it from infinity?
Old 06-05-2011, 10:25 PM
KAHBOOM

09 g37s so i will have to buy it from infinity?
For the '09... yep- Infiniti
Old 06-05-2011, 10:32 PM
webbers21

thank you and do you know the price? Is this the best way to listen to music or is the compact sd better?
Old 06-05-2011, 10:44 PM
KAHBOOM

thank you and do you know the price? Is this the best way to listen to music or is the compact sd better?
It depends on preference. I get the best sound quality from the SD card. However the Ipod/Iphone makes listening to music easy- just download, plug and play. It sounds good either way though. Ther eare multiple waysto listen to your music.

CD player, Music box, SD card, Ipod. I use my iphone the most. However before I lost my virtual burner software (used it on an old computer to download from itunes and then save in MP3 format, and now the software isn't compatible with my new computers OS- Vista), I primarily used the SD card because the sound was better.

I'm not sure of the price. On all new 08s/09s the cables came with the car. My cable malfunctioned once and the service department just grabbed another one out of a cabinet and gave it to me... Not sure if that's an indication that they are inexpensive or not though...
Old 06-06-2011, 03:32 PM
CDONNS

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Do you have the premium package? You will have a square connector in the armrest, if so you will need a cable like this:
Infiniti G35 G37 iPod Cable Harness USB Plug Charger | eBay
Old 06-06-2011, 09:30 PM
jdljr

Originally Posted by CDONNS
Do you have the premium package? You will have a square connector in the armrest, if so you will need a cable like this:
Infiniti G35 G37 iPod Cable Harness USB Plug Charger | eBay
I have a '10 X with premium and nav and recently tried plugging my iPod into the armrest USB connection and I got a message on the nav screen that said something like check the connection, and nothing else happened. I wonder if I need the cable you mentioned also? The "cable" I was using was the same one that I use to connect to the wall charger. But since it has a USB connection I thought that would work in the car...maybe not. I haven't read the manual about it, but if it works, should I expect information from the iPod (play lists, song titles, etc) to show up on the nav screen or no?
Old 06-07-2011, 02:41 PM
CDONNS

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by jdljr
I have a '10 X with premium and nav and recently tried plugging my iPod into the armrest USB connection and I got a message on the nav screen that said something like check the connection, and nothing else happened. I wonder if I need the cable you mentioned also? The "cable" I was using was the same one that I use to connect to the wall charger. But since it has a USB connection I thought that would work in the car...maybe not. I haven't read the manual about it, but if it works, should I expect information from the iPod (play lists, song titles, etc) to show up on the nav screen or no?
You won't need the cable I posted. The standard USB should work and yes, you'll see the information on the screen. I have an '09 so I don't know the ins and outs of getting it to work but I thought it would just be plug in and go. Maybe try a different cable? What kind of iPod is it (even though that shouldn't matter)?
Old 06-07-2011, 06:55 PM
jdljr

Originally Posted by CDONNS
You won't need the cable I posted. The standard USB should work and yes, you'll see the information on the screen. I have an '09 so I don't know the ins and outs of getting it to work but I thought it would just be plug in and go. Maybe try a different cable? What kind of iPod is it (even though that shouldn't matter)?
It's a 4th generation A1099, 60GB. So at least 5 years old, if not more. I wouldn't think that would matter either. Like you, I assumed I could just plug-n-play. I have one other cable I can try. If that doesn't work either, I may ask my dealership next time I'm there why it won't work. Thanks!
Old 06-19-2011, 06:17 PM
mindlikeskyle

I have an 08 with a cable from the dealer. It's cool that you can control your ipod from the navi, but I would still rather be able to use the iPod to control everything. In my g35 I was able to do that which was convenient especially if there was a passenger in the car.

As long as I'm able to listen to my iPod in the car and it's being charged, I can't really complain though.