Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Free XM Radio ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2011, 01:30 AM
POLLO

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Free XM Radio ?

Hey guys,

So I've had this G37s for about a month now, I bought it pre-owned. One thing I noticed is that XM on this piece still works, meaning I am not paying a subscription on it, and the sucker just still plays like a boss. I took it to the dearler to get one of the tpms replaced and the loaner did not have XM and I felt totally loss.

So my question is... Is this some elaborate scam to suck me into the satellite radio until I become addicted and then take it away from one day to another? Or does this mean that the guy/gal who owned this car before still getting billed for it and doesn't know it and Im just reaping the benefits of free XM ? :-p

Not complaining, just simply and observation.
Old 05-15-2011, 01:54 AM
breftayka

Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by POLLO
Hey guys,

So I've had this G37s for about a month now, I bought it pre-owned. One thing I noticed is that XM on this piece still works, meaning I am not paying a subscription on it, and the sucker just still plays like a boss. I took it to the dearler to get one of the tpms replaced and the loaner did not have XM and I felt totally loss.

So my question is... Is this some elaborate scam to suck me into the satellite radio until I become addicted and then take it away from one day to another? Or does this mean that the guy/gal who owned this car before still getting billed for it and doesn't know it and Im just reaping the benefits of free XM ? :-p

Not complaining, just simply and observation.
A lot of the time, people buy year long subscriptions. Call them and see how long you have left. You can find your radio id on channel 0.
Old 05-16-2011, 02:20 PM
bitNine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you think that paying money to not have to listen to commercials is a scam, then yes... It's totally a scam, lol.

I'd say the same... you are probably getting the rest of a pre-paid subscription, but usually it's possible for XM subscribers to move that to another radio. If the old owner didn't transfer it, then you get the rest.
Old 05-18-2011, 01:01 AM
POLLO

Ah yes yes !!! thank you for the replies..... I called in this subscription has about 5 more months left before it expires......I'm going to renew it as well, since ever since having it on this car, the iphone rarely gets used unless I really want to hear something at that precise moment.
Old 05-18-2011, 03:33 AM
chuckie311
Drop A Gear and Disappear

Received 194 Likes on 160 Posts
they havent shut mine off yet and its been 4 months.
Old 05-18-2011, 05:51 AM
CougarRed

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I bought a lifetime subscription to XM. It stays with the car forever, no matter who owns it. I did the math. If you keep your car longer than ~6 years, it's cheaper than the annual rate (assuming the annual rate stays the same).
Old 06-12-2011, 10:09 AM
zoner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am afraid to ask... but what does a lifetime subscription cost?
Old 06-12-2011, 05:16 PM
j23a45m

Originally Posted by zoner
I am afraid to ask... but what does a lifetime subscription cost?
$400 is what i paid
you can transfer it if you buy a new car but its a $75 fee to do so, this can only be done 2 times!
Old 06-14-2011, 09:11 PM
XMMAN

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by j23a45m
$400 is what i paid
you can transfer it if you buy a new car but its a $75 fee to do so, this can only be done 2 times!
subscription cost for lifetime has gone up since you purchased it and the transfers are supposed to be on only the retail pieces. OEM equipment transfers are not part of the lifetime contract, unless there was an issue with you original equipment.

Infiniti now has a Certified Pre-Owned trial on vehicles that are certified through Infiniti(not by third party companies at this time). The trial will last for three months just like a new car. If you were lucky enough to get one that someone forgot to turn off, ENJOY IT!