Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Hate stock Bose system? Post your options!

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2013, 04:05 AM
venzz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I freaking hate it on my S. I listen to dance/house music/ dubstep and there just isnt enough bass or treble. However, while listening to classical its pretty decent though
Old 02-05-2013, 08:41 PM
Jedclampet

My Bose Blows

Here's my plan, coming from a BMW 135i I ran Rainbow Profi tweets n 4" mid in the door and sill and Morel ADMW 10 below the seat ( BMW location not my choice ) it all fit in stock positions with little sweat. I used a JBL MS8 to process and sum the signal a JL Audio 600/6 handled all this and a JL Audio freestanding sub in the trunk run by a JL Audio 600/1. Never been happier in a car.I say this since it was my plan to merely add it to the G37 but Iv'e been distracted. New plan Dynaudio 102 tweets, 142 mid and 182 all in the doors thats it. Stock head unit feeds the JBL MS8 then to a Zapco Z150.6. Stealth install should be sweet.

Last edited by Jedclampet; 02-05-2013 at 08:46 PM.
Old 02-13-2013, 10:36 AM
chach

New User, First Post.

I haven't found the answer to the question i have. I have an 08 G37S 6MT with the Bose Sound, but it sucks in comparison to other car systems. My question is, is there a replacement for speakers ONLY. NO amps, subs or custom rework of the car. I would just like better highs and possibly slightly better lows but highs are the primary upgrade i would like. The Bose highs are pretty much non existent.

Thanks guys
Old 02-13-2013, 11:03 AM
quakerroatmeal
Registered Member

Received 97 Likes on 79 Posts
Has anyone compared the Bose in a coupe vs sedan? I think I've read that it's better in the coupe than it is sedan.
Old 02-14-2013, 09:53 AM
Jedclampet

SQ Upgrade

Having started the project I could see it a big udertaking so just taking it in steps. So far ran the power through right side and back pretty straight forward. Ran speaker wire through passenger door molex for tweeter very tedious and must be very careful and very little room to work. I will use the stock harness for mid an bass. Already built the rings to hold the Dyn MW182 10" and now still must fit the Dyn MW 102 tweets an MW 142 mids. Since the mids are domes they will mount to the door itself and not the door interior panel as is stock. So far no big surprises just some time consuming work, not looking forward to the drivers door molex!
I can't see how for SQ outcome that anything short of seperates up front and at least a multi channel amp will yield anything but the most modest results. IMO to go thru all this work for modest results is just not worth it to me. Lastly I would add that once you see the quality of the stock speakers you must wonder how they came in such a costly car, they look like they were bought at radio shak.
Old 02-14-2013, 12:14 PM
TVPostSound
Registered Member

Received 115 Likes on 88 Posts
Gotta love all the Bose haters!!

Any system will sound like crap when playing MP3s, and listening to XM radio, it's all compressed, frequency, and bandwidth limited!!

Spending a ton of money to increase the frequency response, when its gone is futile!!
Old 02-16-2013, 09:38 PM
RA081224
Banned

Received 81 Likes on 70 Posts
Originally Posted by quakerroatmeal
Has anyone compared the Bose in a coupe vs sedan? I think I've read that it's better in the coupe than it is sedan.
Ive heard both, nothing to write home about in either case. Bose is Bose whether its in a coupe, sedan, living room or under water. Any music reproduction system that has the majority of its advertising in the WSJ and other newspapers isn't a serious contender on any fidelity front. IMHO, the only way to get SQ out of the G is to remove everything from the head unit back; all the speakers and both amps must go. What you replace them with dependson your ear and your wallet.
Old 02-24-2013, 03:42 PM
RUsum1
Registered Member

Just as a general question, is this sub a good deal at $40? It's that price today only

edit: apparently it has been $40 for about three months straight from Sept to Jan so maybe it's not as big of a good deal as I thought. Still would like to know though.

Originally Posted by ShyAznB8oi
Alright speaker sizes.. I did some research on the forums and some are listed incorrectly..

Door panel speakers
1x 1" Tweeter
1x 3" Mid Range
1x 10" Woofer

Rear Passenger speakers
2x 3" Mid Range

Rear Deck speakers
6"x9" Speakers

DIY is easy as long as you have a guide to follow such as "Door Panel Removal" and swapping speakers using the factory amp is easy to do.
The G has subs in the doors? I thought that was what the center speaker in the back right behind the seats was.
Old 02-26-2013, 03:25 PM
Noddy11

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TVPostSound
Gotta love all the Bose haters!!

Any system will sound like crap when playing MP3s, and listening to XM radio, it's all compressed, frequency, and bandwidth limited!!

Spending a ton of money to increase the frequency response, when its gone is futile!!
But CDs sound like crap too. That's as high a sample rate as you can get in a car. I guess you could go analog and install a turntable, but it would still sound lousy. It really is a remarkably poor system.
Old 02-26-2013, 11:02 PM
quakerroatmeal
Registered Member

What stock system have you guys heard that is so awesome? I had a 2008 TL-S before and everyone seems to like the stock stereo. And I find the Bose in the g37 is better. I've had multiple systems before as well and the Bose is not that bad..matter of fact for stock I think it's pretty good. Maybe try messing with your settings? I've had people complain about the stereo only to find all the bass or all the treble turned down.
Old 02-28-2013, 04:18 PM
Noddy11

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My previous car was an Eclipse GSX with a factory installed Infinity sound system. In terms of audio it was light years better than this thing in a number of ways. I have fooled around with every button there is, turned the Driver's stage thing off and on, but there's no getting away from the fact that it's a lame system.
Old 02-28-2013, 05:36 PM
IPL 370GT

Received 110 Likes on 81 Posts
Did they update/change the audio system in the 2012 models? I think the stock system is great in my IPL .
Old 03-01-2013, 12:18 AM
nanotech

I like the stock in the Lexus LS 460. It's the Mark Levinson and it sounds pretty nice! But then again it's a Lexus.
Old 03-01-2013, 04:24 AM
quakerroatmeal
Registered Member

Have you guys tried turning the volume up? I find that it does not start sounding good till the volume is about 70%+. Nothing really kicks in at low volume.

I don't think they changed it in 2012. My 2008 sounds pretty good for a stock stereo. And I'm one who would always upgrade my car's audio as well.
Old 03-01-2013, 04:13 PM
RUsum1
Registered Member

Originally Posted by nanotech
I like the stock in the Lexus LS 460. It's the Mark Levinson and it sounds pretty nice! But then again it's a Lexus.
Haha the Mark Levinson upgrade is a couple thousand isn't it? The ES can even get it but most people who are shopping for an ES aren't looking to spend that much more for that type of upgrade.

Quick Reply: Hate stock Bose system? Post your options!