Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Easier calling via Voice Recognition in 2010's w/nav

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2011, 09:12 PM
maxfinity

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Easier calling via Voice Recognition in 2010's w/nav

I got the tsb update for the Bluetooth issue about 2 mths ago and today I realized it also added the "Call" command to my voice recognition software as well. Now I can just say "Call John doe" and it'll show a list of matching names. Before I would have to go through too many steps just to make a call. Much easier now. Cars without nav already had that command. I dont know why the cars with nav didn't originally have it. Just posting for those who may not have noticed.
Old 03-02-2011, 09:54 PM
wlmngtn

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by maxfinity
I got the tsb update for the Bluetooth issue about 2 mths ago and today I realized it also added the "Call" command to my voice recognition software as well. Now I can just say "Call John doe" and it'll show a list of matching names. Before I would have to go through too many steps just to make a call. Much easier now. Cars without nav already had that command. I dont know why the cars with nav didn't originally have it. Just posting for those who may not have noticed.
Nice! Do you happen to have the TSB? I am taking my car to the dealer for my TPMS and I would like that.

Thanks!
Old 03-02-2011, 10:06 PM
maxfinity

Originally Posted by wlmngtn
nice! Do you happen to have the tsb? I am taking my car to the dealer for my tpms and i would like that.

Thanks!
itb 10066

btw, Whats wrong with your tpms
Old 03-02-2011, 10:12 PM
wlmngtn

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Thank you.

As for my TMPS sensors, all of a sudden they stopped working when I got it back from the dealer. I took it in for warranty work (they changed my pads, surfaced rotors, and re-programmed my transmission). The day after I picked up my car, my TMPS icon started flashing and stayed lit. I am taking it back so they can re-program them, hopefully.
Old 03-03-2011, 08:01 AM
maxfinity

Thank you.

As for my TMPS sensors, all of a sudden they stopped working when I got it back from the dealer. I took it in for warranty work (they changed my pads, surfaced rotors, and re-programmed my transmission). The day after I picked up my car, my TMPS icon started flashing and stayed lit. I am taking it back so they can re-program them, hopefully.
My TPMS light has been malfunctioning since i change myturn signal bulbs to switchbacks. Now when i drive at night it starts flashing then goes steady after about 10 miles. When I turn off my lights the light goes off. I dont know what could be causing that probem but its very consistent. It comes on at the same point on my commute to work every night, then goes off when the headlights turn off on my way home from work. Told the dealer about it and the put air in the tires...SMH.
Old 03-03-2011, 08:31 AM
4drScreamer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you.

Good luck. Let me know how that works out because South Bay Infiniti told me they couldn't do anything about my TPMS light because of my 20's. Said wheels are too big so the sensor unit is too far away to read the signal correctly. Sounds like BS to me.

Also let me know how they handle the voice recognition update. That would be great to have also. I suppose it would be awesome if the Bluetooth would actually locate the address book correctly from my phone every time.
Old 03-04-2011, 06:09 PM
dopey
Registered Member

Sweet. The stupid voice prompts of the new 2010+ nav bothers me. My '07s was WAY WAY better.
I just got the TSB done last weekend for the call waiting thing. I'll have to test this out tonight.

One of the main things that bothers me about he phone book integration is if you use the handset phone book, it doesn't tell you what the number you're dialing is. You have Mobile, Home, Main, and whatever categories, but you don't actually see the number until it starts dialing it. That is really annoying.
Old 03-05-2011, 09:31 PM
jimt29
Registered Member

Are there people here that this "Call Tom" feature actually works?

Off topic a bit: Any way to silence the voice from announcing the first contact name every time?
Old 03-05-2011, 10:40 PM
cereal2k
Mr. Drop it like it's hot

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
good info. I just voice dial from my phone tho.
Old 03-06-2011, 02:06 PM
maxfinity

Originally Posted by jimt29
Are there people here that this "Call Tom" feature actually works?

Off topic a bit: Any way to silence the voice from announcing the first contact name every time?
I wish, maybe they can fix that with another update
Old 03-08-2011, 05:01 PM
jimt29
Registered Member

Thanks You Guys

With information from this thread in hand, I visited the local Infiniti service center: TSB: ITB 10066

First thing is my 2010 Infiniti G37x Coupe qualifies for this update.

Second is I've been complaining for one year about how awful the bluetooth phone system is. I have a HTC Touch with Windows Mobile 6.1 and had to retire it for another phone because it wasn't on the "approved" list.

They offered no excuse. They have the fix and I can make an appointment to bring the car in. Period.

There is also a similar issue with a fix on hand that I've repeatedly asked to have attended to: The transmission ITB 10075 applies to my car as well and again no explanation, just make an appointment........

And finally after 1 year they fixed the sticking shift lever. It acted like I didn't have my foot on the brake and wouldn't release. Four times I brought it in and they couldn't duplicate the problem. This time they said they would fix it even though it was OK. Hey, it's fixed now.

But they do smile and are pleasant.