Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Smart Start on 2010 g37(Video)

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2011, 01:23 AM
maxfinity

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ill make a video when i get off work today to show the fuctionality of the alarm and how it is integrated.
Old 02-09-2011, 01:25 AM
maxfinity

Originally Posted by JohnEnglish
I love the idea but I want to be able to turn the HVAC system off and on and the rear defogger off and on with my phone. I've seen seperate remote start fobs that will do that but I like this Smart Start idea as it eliminates the need to carry yet another fob around.
Their updating the system alot so hopefully it will be able to replace the viper keyfob completely one day.
Old 02-09-2011, 01:28 AM
evilpanda

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
awesome system.

btw do you have an aftermarket exhaust?
Old 02-09-2011, 01:32 AM
maxfinity

Originally Posted by Dj farhan
so how much did it cost you for the entire installation?
I paid close to 1000 dollars but im pretty sure you can find it way cheaper than that. I Paid so much because all the installers down here were convinced that remote start couldnt be done on the newer push to start vehicles. My installer initially told me it was impossible but he then later called me saying viper had just come out with a new module for newer push to start vehicles. He said my car was the first Infiniti he could get to sucessfully remote start.
Old 02-09-2011, 01:32 AM
maxfinity

Originally Posted by evilpanda
awesome system.

btw do you have an aftermarket exhaust?
Lol... No, I have the stock exhaust
Old 02-10-2011, 06:36 PM
oreoleo

I called viper support and for some reason it send me directly to some dealer. Pauly's electronics or something like that. The guy wanted $1499 for the install (viper 5902, smart start, 6mt safe, tilt sensor).
LMFAO
Old 02-10-2011, 11:49 PM
maxfinity

Originally Posted by oreoleo
I called viper support and for some reason it send me directly to some dealer. Pauly's electronics or something like that. The guy wanted $1499 for the install (viper 5902, smart start, 6mt safe, tilt sensor).
LMFAO
Damn... Ask them how much the 5901 would be with the smart start. The only difference between the 5901 and 5902 is the remote. Or you can get a different system(Cheaper) with the smart start. But those people are trying to rip you off.
Old 02-15-2011, 02:55 AM
NYCG37

DO i have to get the special edition one or can i just get a viper 5902 from any where and have it installed???????
Old 02-15-2011, 06:16 AM
maxfinity

Originally Posted by NYCG37
DO i have to get the special edition one or can i just get a viper 5902 from any where and have it installed???????
Dont know what you mean by special edition but i recommend you get it from and have it installed by an installer listed on vipers website and make sure the installer is familiar with newer push start systems.
Old 02-15-2011, 09:32 AM
driftmunkey

I had the 5902 version. I really want to get the smart start. It is a cool add on.
Old 02-15-2011, 11:20 AM
IntangibleBW

i had this installed and had to remove it because it was draining my battery and causing my car not to start. i had it installed for around 550 but best buy quoted me 800.

i wouldn't recommend it to people who live in really cold regions as you have voltage drops in the cold to begin with and with this system the voltage drops could cause the inability to start.

also the push to start doesnt affect the install. you just need a different module and more wires. it's just that most installers dont want to do all that work bc they're unfamiliar with it.

note: this system will void your electrical component warranty on the vehicle
Old 02-15-2011, 11:40 AM
Damn Dirty Ape

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by intangiblebw
i had this installed and had to remove it because it was draining my battery and causing my car not to start. i had it installed for around 550 but best buy quoted me 800.

i wouldn't recommend it to people who live in really cold regions as you have voltage drops in the cold to begin with and with this system the voltage drops could cause the inability to start.

also the push to start doesnt affect the install. you just need a different module and more wires. it's just that most installers dont want to do all that work bc they're unfamiliar with it.

note: this system will void your electrical component warranty on the vehicle

I've had mine installed for a little over a month and 1200 miles and have used it to start when it was 0-10f above and the car sounded no different than without the starter installed - sounds like the installer didn't wire it right somewhere. Mine was done at an Infiniti dealer and as per the invoice will stand behind it, warranty-wise. Maybe Infiniti as a corporate won't, but with the invoice in-hand the dealer will

Let's be honest though, if the install was going to cause problems, it would do so pretty much right away. Additionally, for instance if the radio or cd player quits working, power, things like that, really not too easy to blame that on a remote starter anyway.
Old 02-15-2011, 11:49 AM
IntangibleBW

yea i'm not sure what infiniti dealer you were dealing with. i know in the midwest (noticed your sig says illinois) a lot of them do these kinds of installs but in philly the dealer specifically told me infiniti forbids it and they won't honor my warranty now. AND they don't do the installs.

pretty stupid considering the function it's performing. the installs really not that intrusive. i'd love to have it but hated waking up to a car that needed to be jumped
Old 02-15-2011, 02:59 PM
hechen507
Registered Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
What is the range on the smart start? Anywhere your phone gets signal?
Old 02-15-2011, 03:44 PM
IntangibleBW

Originally Posted by hechen507
What is the range on the smart start? Anywhere your phone gets signal?
anywhere u have cell service

Quick Reply: Smart Start on 2010 g37(Video)