Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Worst sounding stereo I have heard !

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2011, 12:43 PM
vactor
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
here's an upgrade

G37 Sedan MS8 full system install - DIYMA.com
Old 02-12-2011, 03:49 PM
maxfinity

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Falcons023
Not really my friend...even a Civic Si has a better system than our BOSE. which is half price to our car. TL has a kick *** system which is industry's top audio system for a car in any price range.

Even a shaker500 system in a regular Mustang (As Option) can kick BOSE's *** with an amp, & 2 subwoofers with much better clarity. I can name at least a few which are better than BOSE in lower price range cars.

I don't want to offend you but don't throw out a challenge unless you know your stuff. Here is a little article...

High-End Stock Stereo Sound-Off — Edmunds.com

There are many others but requires subscription.
And we believe everything we read on the internet. Like someone said earlier, It is all subjective. Depends on the type of music you listen to and whether or not you have that ear for music. Cant base your opinion of an audio system on what someone else thinks of it.
Old 02-12-2011, 04:03 PM
Neiklot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have no gripes about the sound quality of the G when it comes to FM, CD, and iPod. But when it coems to XM the quality and connection is subpar than what I've come to expect. The XM connection from my previous car was spot on and would rarely lose signal. The G seems to lose the signal quite frequently in spots where my previous didn't even falter.
Old 02-12-2011, 07:19 PM
Falcons023

Originally Posted by maxfinity
And we believe everything we read on the internet. Like someone said earlier, It is all subjective. Depends on the type of music you listen to and whether or not you have that ear for music. Cant base your opinion of an audio system on what someone else thinks of it.
You have a point...but the cars that i have mentioned above are either in my household or my friend's circle.
Old 02-13-2011, 01:41 AM
ipitythefoo
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
get a louder exhaust?

Old 02-13-2011, 02:46 AM
Fezzik

Received 57 Likes on 11 Posts
I have the vert that has the 13 speakers and I find it to be ok. Its not mind blowing, but its still good. XM comes in well on my car. I have no connection issues at all. CD does sound the best but I'm not going to tackle 13 speaker upgrade thats for sure.
Old 02-13-2011, 05:37 AM
maxfinity

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Neiklot
I have no gripes about the sound quality of the G when it comes to FM, CD, and iPod. But when it coems to XM the quality and connection is subpar than what I've come to expect. The XM connection from my previous car was spot on and would rarely lose signal. The G seems to lose the signal quite frequently in spots where my previous didn't even falter.
+1 on XM sucking. I lose reception alot also and I'm in metro Miami. Thats why my Ipod is permanently in my car.
Old 02-13-2011, 11:01 PM
autoexebatse

Thanks for the post , I never even tried a CD in the car yet .
Old 02-14-2011, 12:49 AM
roots4x

I do agree the XM sounds terrible. The CD player is actually pretty good. Listening to lossless audio trough an iPod sounds ok too.
Old 02-14-2011, 03:47 AM
Redline37
Registered Member

Received 11 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm not sure why you say this is the worst sounding stereo you've heard. I've had nothing but compliments and praises about how the bose system sounds. Of course it doesn't sound as good as some after market systems, but it doesn't sounds like sh*t either. If you compare our systems with other cars, it sure isn't the WORST system out there. Thats just my opinion. If it bothers you that much, I say swap out your speakers to something that sounds better.

On A side note, it could be the quality of the music you are playing. I purchase all my music on itunes, and it sounds great. I have drivers audio stage on. I also put my songs set to max volume on itunes.
Old 02-14-2011, 12:13 PM
s2ktoEvo

Originally Posted by Redline37
I'm not sure why you say this is the worst sounding stereo you've heard. I've had nothing but compliments and praises about how the bose system sounds. Of course it doesn't sound as good as some after market systems, but it doesn't sounds like sh*t either. If you compare our systems with other cars, it sure isn't the WORST system out there. Thats just my opinion. If it bothers you that much, I say swap out your speakers to something that sounds better.

On A side note, it could be the quality of the music you are playing. I purchase all my music on itunes, and it sounds great. I have drivers audio stage on. I also put my songs set to max volume on itunes.
The just didn't want to hurt your feelings
Old 02-14-2011, 06:53 PM
Redline37
Registered Member

Received 11 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by s2ktoEvo
The just didn't want to hurt your feelings
Lol My feelings are hurt..
Old 02-14-2011, 10:54 PM
autoexebatse

Well I didn't really mean it was the WORST I have heard , but the the 50 grand spent for the car I would think I would be MORE than happy with it . I shouldn't even have to consider changes with this car .
Old 02-14-2011, 11:04 PM
autoexebatse

I just went and put in Cypress Hill cd , still SUCKS ... I checked the setting and turned the treble all the way up ..it needs to go ASAP

anyone want to buy this **** LOL
Old 02-14-2011, 11:19 PM
Falcons023

then you will be the 1st one to sell this car because of an audio system

Quick Reply: Worst sounding stereo I have heard !