Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Worst sounding stereo I have heard !

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2011, 01:59 AM
P Casey
Premier Member

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Yeah i have no idea what your talking about, what are you comparing it to>?
Old 02-07-2011, 02:10 AM
kai

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Pcasey
Yeah i have no idea what your talking about, what are you comparing it to>?
It's just personal preference. To some people installing an expensive intake and exhaust system doesn't make much sense for the minimal gains, same thing with sound systems. If you have an ear for such things the stock system doesn't sound too good. To each his own.
Old 02-07-2011, 02:12 AM
P Casey
Premier Member

Originally Posted by kai
It's just personal preference. To some people installing an expensive intake and exhaust system doesn't make much sense for the minimal gains, same thing with sound systems. If you have an ear for such things the stock system doesn't sound too good. To each his own.
gotcha^^^^
Old 02-07-2011, 02:14 AM
autoexebatse

I don't know ? Maybe I'm just crazy in the head LOL ... it just sounds very FLAT .. I listen to all types of music and I swear I have no high range frequencies at all. I guess it's like wrapping a pillow around your head . Like I said the Audi TT with the Bose system sounded the same .

Maybe I will just take it to a few different friends and see what they think .
Old 02-07-2011, 02:18 AM
P Casey
Premier Member

naw you might be right, you probably have a better ear for stero sound than the average person.
Old 02-07-2011, 02:27 AM
Felix_the_Cat

I think it sounds good sometimes people think I have an aftermarket stereo. You might have a better ear than I though. My girls range rover has a harman kardon and I think mine sounds a lot better. Cheaper cars like Honda chevy Toyota the factory stereos don't even compare to me.
Old 02-07-2011, 02:58 AM
infamousstunna1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I happen to agree with the Op. Tecnically speaking, it's not the best. And it's definately far from being the worst.
I would like to add that, i have a complete set of Boston Accoustic compenent set (from my previous G) that justs takes up space in my garage. And everytime I look at them, i get the urge to get them installed....you know what...i'm just going to do it. The Boston Accoustic's are wonderful! These aren't the best either, but they are even further away, from the Bose's, to being the worst. In short the Bose system just gets the job done...but will they put a smile on your face? That depends on the mug.
Old 02-07-2011, 03:10 AM
maxfinity

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I love BOSE... I always get asked if i have an aftermarket system in my car. My Maxima has a pioneer head unit and an aftermarket amp on both the highs and the Bass with an extra battery in the trunk powering the 2 12 inch subwoofers. That car is definitely louder than the G but not as refined. I think the Bose gives you the perfect balance. Not to mention after being in a loaner without the BOSE, I must say BOSE makes a hell of a difference. When you crank the volume all the way up on the standard audio system everything sounds all garbled together. I was riding in the loaner with two of my friends and one of them definitely noticed the difference, the other drives a carolla so it all sounded the same to him.
Old 02-07-2011, 06:11 AM
VaTech03

Wow...I was just thinking how much I love the sound. Eh---different strokes, I suppose.
Old 02-07-2011, 11:15 AM
Adam West
Registered Member

Received 38 Likes on 31 Posts
It's definitely not the worst factory system out there. My old Altima had a factory Bose and comparing it to the G, the G's sounds a lot better. Now if you want a crappy factory system my wife's Civic might be the one to take the cake there.
Old 02-07-2011, 11:34 AM
s2ktoEvo

My biggest gripe with the system right now is XM. It sounds like crap compared to FM radio or mp3.

A close second would be the overall clarity of the system. Everything is so overly eq'd that it's really hard distinguish different instruments. I can hear several different instruments on a crappy 2 speaker polk audio Ipod dock, but everything blends into the background with the Bose. My S2000 with 2 polk components and kenwood headunit sounded infinitely better than this 10 speaker bose (or however many speakers it is)

The worst I've ever heard from the factory though is the s2000, followed closely by 2008 alt.
Old 02-07-2011, 11:37 AM
TheIvoryG

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Our system isn't as great as some high end cars that I have heard, but honestly, I think the Bose system is well above acceptable. Like others have said though, everybody has a different ear. OP probably has a much better ear for acoustics and audio than I do...
Old 02-07-2011, 01:06 PM
cruzmisl

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
What kind of cars have you sat in that had much better stock stereo systems?

Our system isn't perfect, but if you really think this is the worst they could do, you're being silly.

Additionally, XM sounds like crap on most stations, because they are gimping the quality on purpose. Some sound better than others. It's not our system. It's XM.
Old 02-07-2011, 01:41 PM
madmax2k1
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I think the Bose sounds decent but I'm not an audiophile.
Old 02-07-2011, 01:46 PM
Chris11LE
Registered Member

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
I was without my car for 5 days, but I had a G37 loaner. The loaner did not have the Bose system, XM, etc., so I was basically listening to straight radio.

When I got back in my car I actually thought some of the speakers werent working. Sounded like poop compared to the loaner. Reality? I was listening to XM, it was that horrible.

Put on the music box and it was a lot better. Even better yet was Pandora via Bluetooth streaming.

So the moral of the story is garbage in garbage out. Ive experienced a few stock Bose systems, and this one is the best Ive had so far. The Bose in my wifes TL is worse than the non-Bose that was in my G loaner. I did feel the loaner had more bass, but the Bose system is more full and has better separation of different frequencies than the non-Bose. The Bose system all sounds more "forward", much more similar to a live act on stage where all the music is coming from in front and not from the sides. Im sure thats the intention of the Bose setup, but it might take some getting used to from people that dont expect it.

Quick Reply: Worst sounding stereo I have heard !