Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Do the newest ipod nano's work in a 2009 G?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2013, 12:15 PM
jms515

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Redpit
I've got the 6th gen Nano, and use the cablejive adaptor. I have not noticed any popping or interference ever. Maybe consider trying the cablejive adaptor?
Do you get full functionality from car screen?

If you didnt already have an IPOD and had to buy an IPOD (not phone) simply to leave in the car all the time except to add music which model and generation (Nano, Touch, Classic) would you suggest?

Things that are important:
1) Functionality
2) Best Price
3) Shuts off when car shuts off
4) Charges (better if do not need adapter but will spend the money on a CableJive or other brand if necessary) Having to deal with 2nd adapter for Lightening port would probably be annoying.

Not so important:
1) Memory - my music collection is not that huge

* The only other possible use outside the car, is if it had a radio, I would bring it into the gym to possibly tune to their tvs.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Last edited by jms515; 02-09-2013 at 12:44 PM.
Old 02-09-2013, 05:21 PM
Redpit

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
Yeah all the same functions still work, but you get charging also.

As far as what to get. I would stick with the Nano. You said your collection isn't huge, and on top of that the Nano is flash based memory. This makes it faster at switching tracks and overall not as laggy.
Old 02-10-2013, 02:48 AM
jms515

Yeah all the same functions still work, but you get charging also.

As far as what to get. I would stick with the Nano. You said your collection isn't huge, and on top of that the Nano is flash based memory. This makes it faster at switching tracks and overall not as laggy.
Thanks. I ordered a used Nano 5th gen from Amazon. Hopefully it will be in decent condition. I am hoping with the cablejive adapter I should be good to go.
Old 02-22-2013, 06:07 PM
jms515

So I got the cablejive adapter, the 5th gen nano but I do not think it is charging. My cable is suppose to be oem but I am not positive it is as I bought it online. Is there a way I can tell?

On the end that plugs into the Infiniti jack, on the button it says"push" and on the opposite side of the connector it looks like HRS. Can someone confirm?
Old 02-22-2013, 06:18 PM
Redpit

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
Alright I went and checked for you as I felt bad since I suggested the adaptor. My cable is exactly as you described so I'm guessing you have an oem cable.

Now that i think about it. I did do some research before I bought my cablejive adaptor and did see a few complain over DOA units. Since that was not my experience at all, and I purchased it a while ago. It just slipped my mind. I remember that they did have good customer service, and got replacements out fast. So if yours is not working correctly just contact them.
Old 02-22-2013, 06:50 PM
jms515

Alright I went and checked for you as I felt bad since I suggested the adaptor. My cable is exactly as you described so I'm guessing you have an oem cable.

Now that i think about it. I did do some research before I bought my cablejive adaptor and did see a few complain over DOA units. Since that was not my experience at all, and I purchased it a while ago. It just slipped my mind. I remember that they did have good customer service, and got replacements out fast. So if yours is not working correctly just contact them.
Thanks for quick reply. Update: I confirmed that when I plug in a MicroUsb to the adapter from cigarette lighter it is charging because the green battery meter on the top right of the nano has a lightening bolt through it. It will not charge through cable alone - no lightening bolt through green battery meter.

Final update: My 5th gen nano charges with cable jive and factory cable.

Note: There are two part numbers "284H2-ZT50A" and "284H2-1BA0B" both will work to control your IPOD however for me only 284H2-1BA0B will charge my IPOD. There is a visual difference in the two cables in that the end that plugs into the car of the 284H2-1BA0B is gray and black and the ZT50A is all black.

Last edited by jms515; 03-03-2013 at 02:06 PM.