Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Deleting Handset Phonebook

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2010, 05:36 PM
jdag

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Deleting Handset Phonebook

Hello...new g37x owner. I have paired my phone, and it is working properly. However, I would actually like to delete all entries from the handset phonebook.

While I am sure many of you love the feature, to me it is very cumbersome, primarily because I have over 2,500 contact records in my BlackBerry. Since the Infiniti system only syncs 1,000, it really negates the advantages of using the phonebook via the car (the import ends at at the letter J). Additionally, the voice commands often bring up too many options.

So I've programmed in a handful of entries into the vehicle phonebook, and I would just like to delete the handset phonebook entries. But I can't figure out how to do so.

I've turned off the "Auto Update" option. Do I need to delete the phone and re-pair? The problem is, I don't recall it giving the option to download the phonebook. I believe it happened automatically.

Thanks in advance. John
Old 11-27-2010, 11:18 PM
disarm

you can't delete the information from your handset phonebook, and there's really no way to keep it from appearing. that listing is taken directly from your phone when it is connected and isn't actually stored in your car. it's just displaying a list of the contacts from your phone when the information is requested...sort of like pulling it from the phone in real-time rather than storing the information for later access. as soon as your phone is disconnected from the car, that information is no longer available.
Old 11-28-2010, 06:51 PM
jdag

Figured it out. I deleted the phone connection, set my phone to not allow data transfer, and reconnected.