Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Viper 5902 Alarm / Remote start for G37 $1000?

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2010, 12:42 PM
MiniRX7

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by awenthol
Would that be some sort of "no hack" setup? (not splicing/taping into wires?)
No, you ahve to splice/tap the wires for almost all alarm remote starter install.

Also, VIPER is not the best. I dont even think they make remote starters for Manual Transmissions!!

I always loved compustar despite having two viper alarms before.

If you are looking for the iPhone/Blackberry/Andriod connector for compustar, it is called DRONE MOBILE.

I am debating on getting that add on... but 1 mile seems like its far enough.... I can't wait to get the remote starter alarm installed... i hate having cars with no remote starter
Old 11-05-2010, 02:48 PM
IntangibleBW

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hey guys i just spoke with an installer who has a lot of experience doing the installs after market and he said that for the newer infiniti's 2009+ that the complexity of the system is too much changing to be done that he doesnt even do the installs on them. he mentioned that viper and all other systems use the same basic technology and that it's really not worth doing unless you have an authentic oem install done
Old 11-05-2010, 03:10 PM
da mayor

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by intangiblebw
hey guys i just spoke with an installer who has a lot of experience doing the installs after market and he said that for the newer infiniti's 2009+ that the complexity of the system is too much changing to be done that he doesnt even do the installs on them. he mentioned that viper and all other systems use the same basic technology and that it's really not worth doing unless you have an authentic oem install done
he needs to get up to speed. i do viper installs at the dealership a lot without issues... some small shops everywhere else are just behind the 8 ball.
Old 11-05-2010, 03:29 PM
JMacsG37

Originally Posted by G37SBS
i thought viper is the best..

what's the difference between Viper 5901 and 5902 except for the remote..

and when did they released the 5902 .. Is there any new model coming out soon from viper?
There is no diferrence between 5901/02 except the remote. N i got the iPhone app module so i won't use that remote. So i got the 5901, ill pay 200 bucks for that cause i hate having extra crap on my keychain.

I also haven't gotten installed yet, deployed won't get back to my car for another few months.
N no problem for the link, i have plenty of time to shop around at work lol
Old 11-06-2010, 12:35 AM
G37SBS
Registered Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by JMacsG37
There is no diferrence between 5901/02 except the remote. N i got the iPhone app module so i won't use that remote. So i got the 5901, ill pay 200 bucks for that cause i hate having extra crap on my keychain.

I also haven't gotten installed yet, deployed won't get back to my car for another few months.
N no problem for the link, i have plenty of time to shop around at work lol
i was thinking the same thing.. get 5901 and use the blackberry as a remote so i don't have to carry the viper remote but what if i lost / forgot my phone ... i won't be able to get into the car...lol
Old 11-06-2010, 12:49 AM
lier200a

It'll only void the warranty if they can PROVE the remote starter is at fault. I'm planning on getting the viper with the smart start system and motion sensor put in but it's gonna cost me $1000 for everything. (parts and labor)
Old 11-09-2010, 09:14 AM
IntangibleBW

just an update - i went to best buy last night and got a quote for the viper smart start w 5901 installed and they said it would cost around 780$ after everything since i have push to start. going to shop around and see if i can find it cheaper elsewhere will keep you guys posted
Old 11-09-2010, 09:28 AM
MiniRX7

the Push To Start only requires a special module that requires a few extra wires, and connection under the battery tray (usually just a relay).

What confuses me is on my 07 G35 Sedan, it requried a relay but why on my 2010 G37S 6spd does it not require the relay and just a single wire? (question directed to installers).

There are many modules available, ie. Fortin... and its usually an installers preference.

Mine is going in on Saturday, and I am debating if i should get the Drone Mobile or not (iphone app). What i really hate is the delay between pushing unlock on the phone and when it actually happens (which is about up to 10 seconds!!)..
Old 11-09-2010, 10:38 AM
JohnEnglish
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Off topic but GM has released iPhone and Android apps so you can use your phone as a remote. You can start/stop your car, unlock/lock the doors, pop the trunk, roll down/up the windows, check tire pressure and a few other things. All vehicles with OnStar have the functionality now. They'll be releasing an app for BlackBerrys soon too.
Old 11-22-2010, 11:19 PM
rrrevin

I went into BestBuy in Calgary to get a quote on the Drone mobile. The installer said I'd be looking at about $1300 (CAN) all in. I was floored. He said it's due to the complexity of the wiring required and all the things you have to pull out of the car to make room for the install. Then you have to put it all back. He said the G37s are tightly packed and it's not as easy to get at things and give a professional and CLEAN install. He said he's been doing this for 8 years and the G37s are some of the more complex installs.
Old 11-25-2010, 06:30 AM
maxfinity

I have the viper 5902 w/ smart start and I must say it was hard as hell to find someone to install my alarm. The place that installed the alarm initially refused stating something about the system in newer infiniti's is all data making it almost impossible to install. He later called me telling me Viper had just come out with a new module that would allow newer infiniti's to remote start. It also didnt require me to give up my spare key which was a plus. I did pay about 1000 dollars installed though. I like that the alarm is fully intergrated with the factory security system. i can use both the factory and aftermarket remotes to lock(arm)/unlock(disarm) the car. I can also can use the buttons on the door handles. It functions like factory. Another plus is the text messages i recieve when my alarm goes off. Its a great system. Just hard to find an installer whose familiar with it.
Old 11-25-2010, 06:47 AM
whiddles
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
nice thanks for the update
Old 11-25-2010, 07:08 AM
shumby

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
this is very similar to the titan system i have in my FX. the text to start is great as well as the alarm texts i was in Korea when i got an intruder alarm text. it was just the wife back at home she opened the door but forgot to tune the alarm off. still i knew right away something was up and was able to call my wife and make sure everything was ok.
Old 11-29-2010, 11:36 AM
Mmartin88

Originally Posted by maxfinity
I have the viper 5902 w/ smart start and I must say it was hard as hell to find someone to install my alarm. The place that installed the alarm initially refused stating something about the system in newer infiniti's is all data making it almost impossible to install. He later called me telling me Viper had just come out with a new module that would allow newer infiniti's to remote start. It also didnt require me to give up my spare key which was a plus. I did pay about 1000 dollars installed though. I like that the alarm is fully intergrated with the factory security system. i can use both the factory and aftermarket remotes to lock(arm)/unlock(disarm) the car. I can also can use the buttons on the door handles. It functions like factory. Another plus is the text messages i recieve when my alarm goes off. Its a great system. Just hard to find an installer whose familiar with it.
Curious do you have an auto or manual?
Old 12-10-2010, 02:15 PM
IntangibleBW

hey guys just wanted to post an update on my remote start install. i got the install done (oem key fob works for starting as well as the smartstart module where i can start from my blackberry)

the entire install including equipment cost me 500$ and then another $100 for the 3 yr viper subscription.

the equipment used was an avital remote start (with immobilizer bypass) which enables the oem fob to work

and the vsm200 viper smart start module which allows me to remote start from my phone

Quick Reply: Viper 5902 Alarm / Remote start for G37 $1000?