Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Carpc Audio Input?

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2010, 05:18 AM
5gluder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Carpc Audio Input?

Hello,

I'm looking at installing a carpc into my 2010 non-nav g37, does anyone know how i would go about wiring the audio from the pc to the factory system? The only device i came across that seemed to be suitable is this:

Pac-Audio.com Product Details | iPod Integration for your car and More by Pac-Audio - Connecting you to the future

just wondering if their are any other choices before i purchase the PAC unit.

Thanks
Old 10-26-2010, 03:51 PM
EnfinitI

I'm going to be using the Audisson Bit One for my CarPC Audio in via the optical in port. Check it out here:
Audison - Music Expression

I also believe the other factory integration devices like the Alpine, Rockford etc have inputs but I'm not sure if they have optical like the Bit One.
Old 10-26-2010, 03:58 PM
EnfinitI

I just rethought my previous post and that assumes you are going to be adding amps etc. I'm not sure about getting an Aux in for the default audio except for the aux audio / video RCA inputs in the arm rest. If you aren't adding amps then you could run a Y splitter from your audio out and then run the RCAs to the arm rest.
Old 10-28-2010, 08:50 PM
5gluder

Originally Posted by EnfinitI
I just rethought my previous post and that assumes you are going to be adding amps etc. I'm not sure about getting an Aux in for the default audio except for the aux audio / video RCA inputs in the arm rest. If you aren't adding amps then you could run a Y splitter from your audio out and then run the RCAs to the arm rest.
Hey, Thanks for the reply back. I do plan on adding an amp, i have never came across this or a similar device. This will help me out as opposed to the other route i was going. My car is not equipped with a rca/video input in the arm rest just the usb input. I'm unsure if there is another input location, perhaps behind the dash?