Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

G37S Coupe...Handset Phonebook doesn't stick...

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2010, 06:11 PM
Beefer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G37S Coupe...Handset Phonebook doesn't stick...

Greetings all...

So...I got rid of my 2007 G35S Sedan and got a 2010 G37S Coupe.
Love it. Crummy is the fact that it hasn't rained in central VA in over 2 months...and the 1st week of ownership it has rained every day!!

Anyhoo...on to my problem.

I have no issues pairing my Blackberry Curve 8530 with the car. I also have no issues transferring the Handset Phonebook to the car.

BUT...the Handset Phonebook disappears on it's own. First time it happened I thought I messed something up. I reloaded the phonebook again this morning...and on the ride home from work...it was gone again.

Now...I imagine this is an issue with the car...since once the phonebook comes in from the BB...the BB is out of the equation.

Has anyone had a similar issue? There is even an option called "Auto download" which I turned off.

I know I can transfer the Handset Phonebook to the Car Phonebook one entry at a time...but that simply blows if my BB contact list updates.

HELP !!

Thanks in advance for any help.

B.
<!-- / message -->
Old 10-04-2010, 01:51 PM
Klaus76
Awaiting Email Confirmation

The handset phonebook turns off when the car is in motion. When you're parked, you can transfer the contacts from your Handset Phonebook to the Vehicle's Phonebook. That you will be able to access while you are driving.
Old 10-04-2010, 06:20 PM
disarm

the handset phonebook accesses your contacts directly from the phone and doesn't actually store anything in the car. unfortunately, as Klaus said, it's also something that you're locked out of when the car is moving. that's why they seem to disappear on you all the time. if you want to access anything from your phonebook while the car is in motion, you have no choice but to transfer those contacts to the vehicle phonebook.
Old 10-04-2010, 08:23 PM
JSG37MD

Just go in and manually enter numbers/names yourself on the car's phonebook. It can hold up to forty names and lets you access the first 12 while in motion. That way saves a lot of aggravation that comes with the bluetooth phonebook transfer. If you really need more than 12 numbers at the touch of a button on the steering wheel, you'll continue to be aggravated trying to figure it out.
Old 10-05-2010, 11:49 PM
SuperDave57
Registered Member

The handset phonebook works fine while the car is in motion! I use mine all the time. 2010 Coupe & Blackberry Bold 9700.

I have mine set to auto download so if I make changes to any of my contacts they're automatically downloaded again each time I'm in the car.

When set to auto download, it takes about 3 or 4 minutes after starting the car for the phonebook to be available.

Dave
Old 10-06-2010, 06:34 PM
disarm

Originally Posted by SuperDave57
The handset phonebook works fine while the car is in motion! I use mine all the time. 2010 Coupe & Blackberry Bold 9700.
that's interesting if true. in my 2010 coupe with an HTC Evo, i can actually watch the 'handset phonebook' option on my screen grey out as soon as i start driving and come back when i stop, just like all the other options that lock out while the car is moving.
Old 10-06-2010, 11:15 PM
SuperDave57
Registered Member

Originally Posted by disarm
that's interesting if true. in my 2010 coupe with an HTC Evo, i can actually watch the 'handset phonebook' option on my screen grey out as soon as i start driving and come back when i stop, just like all the other options that lock out while the car is moving.
Okay, this may be something I hadn't thought of. Are you guys trying to access the phonebook through the screen and not through voice commands? I know that some of the GPS functions are locked out when driving trying to use the screen but are accessible through voice command.

I use voice command for everything so I don't have to divert much attention from driving. Press the voice command button on the steering wheel then when prompted respond, "handset phonebook." It will then reply and you just follow the prompts.

Dave
Old 10-09-2010, 12:13 PM
SuperDave57
Registered Member

Okay, I checked this out again yesterday. I had never noticed that the handset phonebook greys out while driving because I always use voice commands. Just use the voice commands, guys. It works great!

Dave