Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Where is SAT hookup in G37 Sedan with out Nav or Premium?

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2010, 01:43 PM
consultant1027

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where is SAT hookup in G37 Sedan with out Nav or Premium?

On the cars that don't come with SAT installed, I'm of the understanding, based on the car manual it can be added in which when you hit the RADIO AM/FM button you just get an additional channel called SAT.

I've seen discussion of this for the coupe in which there is a wiring harness in the trunk to the left of the spare under a plastic cover. This is the same connection that can supposedly be used to install an aftermarket iPod adpater and/or bluetooth setup like the iSimple or PAC solution such as:

Pac-Audio.com Product Details | iPod Integration for your car and More by Pac-Audio - Connecting you to the future

or this which includes the SAT radio (which I really don't need)

Infiniti G35/G37/M35/M45 Sirius Radio/iPod Adapter Kit - eBay (item 140371149014 end time Oct-27-10 1852 PDT)

But all of these state there has to be a SAT or CHANNEL button which my G doesn't have. But when I look at the manual it shoes the Nav unit has the word SAT on the RADIO button and then on the next page it talks about controlling the SAT radio with that button OR the button I have that just says Radio AM/FM. You just toggle to the SAT channel.

I spoke to the dealer and they said all 09's are SAT ready no matter what the buttons say. So on the iSimple and PAC websites I'm guessing their information is outdated as I see they only list up to 2008 models so when they say there must be a SAT or CHANNEL button, that really doesn't apply to the 09's - heck it says their product is NOT compatible with Nav units and on the 09, the SAT button is only showing on the Nav unit!

I think it is just a matter of these companies updating their info for the 09's but getting a straight answer out of anyone is like pulling teeth. Shouldn't they be telling me the 09 information instead of ME, the customer trying to educated them? Sheesh.

One think that I'm unclear on is that I think the Infiniti Parts guy is a little confused also. He said there is no part number for any kind of SAT wiring harness for the 09 and thinks the SAT unit (or iPod adapater that uses the SAT hookup) may plug directly into the head unit.

But isn't the hookup on the 09 sedan for the SAT still in the trunk but instead of being next to the spare, it is mounted on the bottom of the back deck? I though I could see it looking through the hole where the trunk light is but not sure.

Am I the only G37 Sedan owner in existence (without NAV or Premium Stereo) that has looked into this?

Would appreciate any clarification. Seems it is 90% coupe owners on these boards which may explain why I'm having such a hard time finding at least one person that has been down this road with the sedan.
Old 09-30-2010, 10:33 PM
Noremac

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I thought that XM Radio was standard on all 2009 G37's. There is nothing to add!