Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Best Aftermarket Ipod Adapter?

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2010, 09:41 PM
consultant1027

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best Aftermarket Ipod Adapter?

Don't have the premium stereo but shop said there is an adapter for my G37x that works similar to the stock adapter - takes over the CD change port (have the same in my Volvo) and even shows track info, playlists, etc on the screen (non-Nav). Is this true and if so which adapter is the best bang for the buck that does this?

Seems most the solutions I've seen neet to have a SAT or CHANNEL/CH button on the stereo, my doesn't, just RADIO. Talks of a satellite harness in the trunk, but where is it on the SEDAN?

Do I have to use this:

http://www.gromaudio.com/store/usb_a...interface.html

Or are all late model (07/08/09+) Bose head units SAT compatible and you just use the radio button and may have to plug directly into the head until if no harness in the trunk?

Thanks

Last edited by consultant1027; 09-29-2010 at 11:51 PM.
Old 10-13-2010, 11:09 PM
dirtymaf

Originally Posted by consultant1027
Don't have the premium stereo but shop said there is an adapter for my G37x that works similar to the stock adapter - takes over the CD change port (have the same in my Volvo) and even shows track info, playlists, etc on the screen (non-Nav). Is this true and if so which adapter is the best bang for the buck that does this?

Seems most the solutions I've seen neet to have a SAT or CHANNEL/CH button on the stereo, my doesn't, just RADIO. Talks of a satellite harness in the trunk, but where is it on the SEDAN?

Do I have to use this:

Nissan Infiniti GROM USB/iPod interface adapter

Or are all late model (07/08/09+) Bose head units SAT compatible and you just use the radio button and may have to plug directly into the head until if no harness in the trunk?

Thanks
Did you get any more info on this? I just picked up my g37x. Same boat, no premium package, but the sales guy assures me that an ipod cable can be tied directly o the head unit. I'm bringing my car to an installer on Monday, will let you know the result.
Old 10-14-2010, 09:18 AM
IntangibleBW

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
don't you guys have the aux option on your head unit?
Old 11-09-2010, 12:41 PM
benvwin

can you guys give us an update? I'm in the same boat :/
Old 11-12-2010, 12:57 AM
hechen507
Registered Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
I think this is what your looking for http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-O...fAudioQ5fVideo

It plugs into a port that is inside your center arm rest compartment, there is also a 12v socket in there as well i think. I have tried this with ipod nano and touch it works pretty well. It displays the song title and other info on my G and I dont got nav either.