Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Help Ipod Connection Issue

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2010, 11:32 AM
STEAMROLL9

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Ipod Connection Issue

New car owner...first time poster

I just got a 2010 G37x a little over a week ago and spent like 3 hours putting music on my old Ipod Photo(considered 4th gen I believe or ipod with color screen) to keep hooked up in the car. Plugged it in on the way to work and NAV screen just says check USB device/cable. The ipod is charging but not connecting to the car. My iphone 4 connects fine. I'm currently using the cable that came with my Iphone 4(dunno if that has anything to do with it).

What do you think? Diffrent cable? Downgrade firmware(not sure which veriosn it is running, but i'm sure it's the most current)? Reset Ipod and start fresh?

Old 08-17-2010, 02:47 PM
STEAMROLL9

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I tried reseting the ipod as well as restoring it through itunes and using the cable that came with it, still get the "check usb/ipod message".

Any ideas?
Old 08-18-2010, 11:09 AM
allagaroo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by STEAMROLL9
New car owner...first time poster

I just got a 2010 G37x a little over a week ago and spent like 3 hours putting music on my old Ipod Photo(considered 4th gen I believe or ipod with color screen) to keep hooked up in the car. Plugged it in on the way to work and NAV screen just says check USB device/cable. The ipod is charging but not connecting to the car. My iphone 4 connects fine. I'm currently using the cable that came with my Iphone 4(dunno if that has anything to do with it).

What do you think? Diffrent cable? Downgrade firmware(not sure which veriosn it is running, but i'm sure it's the most current)? Reset Ipod and start fresh?

I have a 2010 G37xS and my Nano 3rd gen. worked OK. My iPhone works OK except there was an issue with downloading contacts. Pandora on phone works fine with streaming audio through bluetooth. I just got upgraded at dealer and it seems that that issue is resolved. There were other Aople/Infiniti issues that were supposed to be resolved as well. I'd check with dealer to see if your car was upgraded prior to delivery.
Old 08-31-2010, 12:50 PM
jasijay2112

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
STEAMROLL9: I had the same issue with my iPod Touch (3rd Gen) it would say check cable or would come up properly sometimes, but when scrolling through the artists, or songs it would take forever to go from A to B to C..etc. and then it would give me "no title" sometimes when selecting an album or artist. As allagaroo stated, there is a voluntary ITB from Infiniti to "correct" SOME issues with iPhones and iPods. I say SOME because it did NOTHING for me, so much so that I went out and purchased a new iPod Nano and it works perfectly now.
My suggestion would be to first get a friend to plug in their iPod to see if it works properly, just to see if it is your iPod. Also, get the ITB performed (SERVICE CAMPAIGN BULLETIN: ITB10-031) and see if that corrects your issue. if NOT, it may be time to invest in a new iPod