Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

HTC Evo ... phone book transfer?

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2010, 12:10 PM
PeterUbers

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
HTC Evo ... phone book transfer?

So the Evo works great.. battery meter and signal meter, great clarity, but cannot figure out a way to transfer the entire phonebook -- hate to have to put in the contacts manually..

thanks in advance
Old 08-07-2010, 12:41 PM
soolman32

Received 127 Likes on 108 Posts
If you had a Droid phone before, just log into your Google account and it will transfer it all.
Old 08-07-2010, 12:51 PM
ViPaDawG

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think he's talking about putting it into the car.

I've got the same issue. I heard that you just gotta try it a couple times and it will work, I haven't actually verified if this works or not, because I hate talking to people while driving, I'd rather hear that beautiful exhaust note
Old 08-07-2010, 02:09 PM
PeterUbers

Originally Posted by ViPaDawG
I think he's talking about putting it into the car.

I've got the same issue. I heard that you just gotta try it a couple times and it will work, I haven't actually verified if this works or not, because I hate talking to people while driving, I'd rather hear that beautiful exhaust note

Problem is.. i don't see an option under >People> where i can send ALL contacts at once...

someone online wrote about bluetooth file transfer .. i am going to try that to send all contacts...

when the G' says "press 1234 when you send the contacts" ... i never see any window pop up on the 'Evo to do so. will keep trying
Old 08-07-2010, 04:35 PM
disarm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i got an Evo about a week ago and have found the phonebook functions to be very inconsistent. i don't care so much about transferring contacts to the vehicle phonebook as long as i can access the handset phonebook, but that seems to sync up inconsistently. sometimes the phone will connect and my contacts will be available immediately, but other times they're available only after a long wait or not at all. i've done a little investigating around the web and it seems to be a problem due to a combination of the Infiniti system and Android...hopefully one that will be fixed soon...
Old 08-10-2010, 07:18 PM
PeterUbers

Originally Posted by disarm
i got an Evo about a week ago and have found the phonebook functions to be very inconsistent. i don't care so much about transferring contacts to the vehicle phonebook as long as i can access the handset phonebook, but that seems to sync up inconsistently. sometimes the phone will connect and my contacts will be available immediately, but other times they're available only after a long wait or not at all. i've done a little investigating around the web and it seems to be a problem due to a combination of the Infiniti system and Android...hopefully one that will be fixed soon...
Havent found a fix for the phone book other than putting them in manually .. and hate that caller ID is gone .. but i get consistent performance otherwise... haven't tried call waiting