Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

What kind of Ipod do you guys use with your G?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2010, 04:23 PM
Mike S.

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by bacid
ipod classic 80gb.

one issue i have though (curious to see if anyone else has it) is when it's plugged into the ipod cable i cant' do anything on the device itself (ex. change to a different playlist). it sits at this screen saying connected and has the infiniti logo
That's how it should be since the car now has "control" of the ipod.
Old 08-02-2010, 04:32 PM
hadokenuh

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
16GB Ipod nano 5th gen with scotch passport.
Old 08-02-2010, 04:43 PM
JaxG

Originally Posted by MOB
what what what???? Had no idea this was possible....How does this work? Can Pandora be used when the iPhone is connected to the input ports?
2010's have bluetooth audio capabilities, not sure if the 09 does. You might be able to use Pandora with your iPhone connected however it works on the 09.
Old 08-02-2010, 05:05 PM
MOB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by eksigned
our cars have bluetooth audio. simply connect your iphone via bluetooth, like you would to use your bluetooth handset (in car) and flip tot he bluetooth audio page. it'll do all the work for you, and you can stream pandora.
just tried it & didn't see any selection option like that....perhaps that's a system add-on from the 09's to the 10's?
Old 08-02-2010, 10:42 PM
JayDeePee
Registered Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I have a 64GB touch and it works with my 09 with premium package. Pandora can work as long as I have a Wifi signal. I'm sure the iphone can work the same with no need of having a wifi hotspot. To get it to work just hit the home key on the iPhone/iTouch and select Pandora Radio app. The Ipod's info like playlist/artist/song will appear on the car's radio screen but will play the pandora music. It would be great to have the music's track info from Pandora show on the Car's screen. I wish I had the 2010 bluetooth capability and USB direct connect. Oh well, we'll see what happens in 2013 when my lease is up.
Old 08-03-2010, 08:25 AM
KLB

I have a 60Gb Ipod Video, or as it is now called a fifth gen classic.
Old 08-03-2010, 11:32 AM
SM_Shadowman

Originally Posted by MOB
just tried it & didn't see any selection option like that....perhaps that's a system add-on from the 09's to the 10's?
Yeah, sorry MOB, we got screwed on that one. 2010 (and probably later) only. 2009 definitely does not have bluetooth streaming audio capability built-in.
Old 08-03-2010, 11:20 PM
jamd14

Originally Posted by eksigned
our cars have bluetooth audio. simply connect your iphone via bluetooth, like you would to use your bluetooth handset (in car) and flip tot he bluetooth audio page. it'll do all the work for you, and you can stream pandora.
How do you flip to the bluetooth audio page? I have a 2010 G37x premium package (no nav) should this work for me?
thanks!
Old 08-03-2010, 11:57 PM
JoshLee89

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Does you guys ipod charge? I have first gen 8g ipod touch but i never had to charge altho it says ipod cant not be charged. Is it taking away my car battery while i dont have engined started?
Old 08-04-2010, 01:20 PM
SM_Shadowman

Originally Posted by JoshLee89
Does you guys ipod charge? I have first gen 8g ipod touch but i never had to charge altho it says ipod cant not be charged. Is it taking away my car battery while i dont have engined started?
No, it's not drawing from the car battery when shut down as far as I know. I left my old ipod (which did charge) plugged in almost all the time and never had any battery issues.

As for your first question, depends on what year G you have I think. 2009 or earlier, it only charges those listed below that support firewire charging:
List of iPod models - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Otherwise if you have a 2010 (with the USB port instead of ipod cable) I think it should charge most, if not all of the ipods and iphones.
Old 08-04-2010, 02:29 PM
alex

I used to have a 2nd gen iPod Touch. I used the original Apple cord to connect my iPod to my G. My car charges the iPod when my iPod is plugged in. Everything worked fine, no problem at all.

I got a letter from Infiniti saying there is a software update. Does anyone know what it is about?
Old 08-04-2010, 05:45 PM
TinsleyC

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by JoshLee89
I bought an Scosche PassPORT for my iPod Touch, it's a new iPod, not sure what generation it is, but was bought late last year. The PassPORT allows charging from the G. Works great... it's about $18-19 on Amazon.com.

To answer your question, no the iPod is not draining your car battery when you're engine is not running... the iPod's battery is sustaining it. But your radio IS drainning your battery..

Last edited by TinsleyC; 08-04-2010 at 05:46 PM. Reason: added last paragraph
Old 08-04-2010, 05:50 PM
eksigned

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by jamd14
How do you flip to the bluetooth audio page? I have a 2010 G37x premium package (no nav) should this work for me?
thanks!
Whoops, sorry jamd, I'm not actually sure if bluetooth audio is available for non-navi models? I want to say no?
Old 08-04-2010, 05:51 PM
eksigned

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Did anyone get a recall notice in the mail? Something SPECIFIC for apple products (apple's freaking dominating the market). There's a reprogram fix for the iphone as well as the itouch, etc. for our G's. i tried the itouch once, and it didn't work very well; none of the menus worked, etc.. But there's a fix for it now evidently.
Old 08-04-2010, 07:32 PM
Boomer-Bob
Registered Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
160 gig classic, current generation, no adaptor, just plug and play. ~$220. at Costco. No problems after several months of use. Love it.

Quick Reply: What kind of Ipod do you guys use with your G?