Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Review XM Discount reminder, after your free 3 months

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2011, 11:56 AM
Damn Dirty Ape

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
So which packages are CURRENTLY available as in someone signed up within the last month or two? DId you include traffic/weather?
Old 04-06-2011, 12:42 PM
bitNine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't worry about packages. Just call them up and tell them you don't like the price:value ratio and you are considering cancelling. After the first offer, just say you don't think it's enough, and see if they give you something better. I've been an XM customer for over 8 years, I know how they work.

I got my first 6 months of radio/traffic/weather for $37
Old 04-08-2011, 04:26 PM
ak47
Banned

6 months with weather audio and traffic for 37 bucks. theres no way thats happening called 4 times spoke with 4 different supervisors and no one is giving that deal. maybe if your counting your 3 month free trial...
Old 04-09-2011, 01:13 AM
maxfinity

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I got my first 3 months free. They then called me and offered another free three months. Now I just pay quarterly for mostly music, Nav Traffic, and weather. Was going to do it yearly but if they dont improve the nav traffic sometime soon Im canceling XM altogether. I rarely listen to the radio period, I have my IPOD for music.
Old 04-09-2011, 07:47 AM
MSCA
Banned

Originally Posted by hispeed-lowdrag
IMHO I think it's better to just stream Slacker Radio (or Pandora) for $0.
Yeah, there's no doubt in my mind that satellite radio will die an ugly death as more and more people have cars that are capable of streaming Internet radio. If I owned stock in satellite radio, I'd sell it now, because it's a dying technology for sure.
Old 04-09-2011, 11:04 AM
rks
Registered Member

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts
After my free 3 months I never got a call to renew. Now I just use my Nano.
Old 04-11-2011, 12:47 PM
bitNine

Originally Posted by MSCA
Yeah, there's no doubt in my mind that satellite radio will die an ugly death as more and more people have cars that are capable of streaming Internet radio. If I owned stock in satellite radio, I'd sell it now, because it's a dying technology for sure.
I doubt that. At least until internet access can be provided throughout 100% of the US like XM is. I don't know where you guys use your XM service, but I am in a lot of places in my vehicles that wouldn't have a signal worth trying to download streaming audio (Especially in the mountains snowboarding and camping). Besides, at high speeds on highways, keeping data speeds up while transferring from tower to tower, isn't feasible yet. When someone can provide a data signal that covers 100% of the US (which is highly unlikely, unless it's done via satellite), then satellite radio is in trouble. BUT, IMO, these guys will be in the satellite internet business before that ever happens. If you're not already aware, they have been working on providing high speed data services via their existing technologies, for years. I'd be willing to bet that SiriusXM will eventually be a car ISP.

But then, I enjoy paying to not hear commercials. I refuse to use services like Pandora and Last.fm because of advertising. I haven't listened to a local FM station in many years. My normal work commute is 12 minutes, and has been for 5+ years. The last thing I want to do is listen to commercials for 12 minutes, or spend my entire drive figuring out what I want to listen to for 12 minutes, lol.
Old 04-11-2011, 08:18 PM
AZg37
Premier Member

Received 46 Likes on 6 Posts
I activated my xm today and they tried to sell me for like $127 a year
I told them I wanted all the xm music stations and the best of sirius and I wasn't going to pay more than $80 a year. They hooked me up on a quarterly payment plan with all the music and best of sirius for $18.63 billed every quarter so that like just under $75 a year. I'm happy. It was a little confusing and time consuming considering the person helping over the phone sounded like they had about 3 hrs worth of rosetta stone trying to learn English
Old 04-12-2011, 10:09 AM
carz

Originally Posted by AZg37
I activated my xm today and they tried to sell me for like $127 a year
I told them I wanted all the xm music stations and the best of sirius and I wasn't going to pay more than $80 a year. They hooked me up on a quarterly payment plan with all the music and best of sirius for $18.63 billed every quarter so that like just under $75 a year. I'm happy. It was a little confusing and time consuming considering the person helping over the phone sounded like they had about 3 hrs worth of rosetta stone trying to learn English
all you had to tell them was you wanted the ZWINBACK promotion. $77 for the year, billed quarterly...no need to have wasted your time.
Old 04-12-2011, 10:20 AM
AZg37
Premier Member

Received 46 Likes on 6 Posts
except the zwinback promotion doesn't include best of sirius, now I have that and I'm saving $2 a year
Old 04-13-2011, 11:29 AM
XMMAN

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by bitNine
I doubt that. At least until internet access can be provided throughout 100% of the US like XM is. I don't know where you guys use your XM service, but I am in a lot of places in my vehicles that wouldn't have a signal worth trying to download streaming audio (Especially in the mountains snowboarding and camping). Besides, at high speeds on highways, keeping data speeds up while transferring from tower to tower, isn't feasible yet. When someone can provide a data signal that covers 100% of the US (which is highly unlikely, unless it's done via satellite), then satellite radio is in trouble. BUT, IMO, these guys will be in the satellite internet business before that ever happens. If you're not already aware, they have been working on providing high speed data services via their existing technologies, for years. I'd be willing to bet that SiriusXM will eventually be a car ISP.

But then, I enjoy paying to not hear commercials. I refuse to use services like Pandora and Last.fm because of advertising. I haven't listened to a local FM station in many years. My normal work commute is 12 minutes, and has been for 5+ years. The last thing I want to do is listen to commercials for 12 minutes, or spend my entire drive figuring out what I want to listen to for 12 minutes, lol.
LOVE IT! Just wait till your cell phone provider starts charging premiums for certain apps that use large amounts of data.. its coming
Old 04-14-2011, 02:52 AM
chuckie311
Drop A Gear and Disappear

Received 194 Likes on 160 Posts
then you just switch your service..that simple.. but i dont see it coming anytime soon
Old 08-13-2011, 08:51 AM
MWhiteV36

Originally Posted by chuckie311
then you just switch your service..that simple.. but i dont see it coming anytime soon
hahahhahahah thats not gonna work by early 2012(maybe even end of 2011) every company will have a limit on their data plans

I work for AT&T....Trust me im in the biz...

btw all the people wondering the data crap and usage...
AT&T charger

$25 for 2GB - overages = $10 for an extra 1GB

For the $30 unlimited people = Pass 2GB and you still have unlimited but you will be "Throttled" which means you go from w.e speed you have 3G or 4G to EDGE! (Slow as hell) NO EXTRA COST!
Old 08-13-2011, 09:06 AM
MSCA
Banned

Originally Posted by bitNine
I doubt that. At least until internet access can be provided throughout 100% of the US like XM is. I don't know where you guys use your XM service, but I am in a lot of places in my vehicles that wouldn't have a signal worth trying to download streaming audio (Especially in the mountains snowboarding and camping).
Seriously? Sat radio sucks because the signal gets blocked by EVERYTHING. Even driving down the Palisades Parkway in NY sucks because the trees are constantly blocking the signal. It works much better in the fall & winter, when there are no leaves on the trees. LOL

Besides, at high speeds on highways, keeping data speeds up while transferring from tower to tower, isn't feasible yet. When someone can provide a data signal that covers 100% of the US (which is highly unlikely, unless it's done via satellite), then satellite radio is in trouble. BUT, IMO, these guys will be in the satellite internet business before that ever happens. If you're not already aware, they have been working on providing high speed data services via their existing technologies, for years. I'd be willing to bet that SiriusXM will eventually be a car ISP.
It's just a matter of time before they go bankrupt, so it doesn't really matter. I just feel sorry for anyone who purchases a lifetime subscription to this dying company.
Old 08-13-2011, 10:59 AM
tallbrownie

XM canada

Will this work in canada?

I know my brother inlaw said he also got XMradio for $77.00 FOR A YEAR in his Nissan Cube....

Hmmmm is it really worth it XM radio? sometimes it's okay sometimes i don't see value.

if you want to get traffic and navigation on xm can you?

Quick Reply: Review XM Discount reminder, after your free 3 months