Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

2010 ipod lagging

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2010, 08:08 PM
Lime37

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 ipod lagging

hey i have a 2010 and i am experiencing a few issues with my ipod conect please tell me if these are normal, can be fixed or past experiences
1) when i turn one the car i have to go to the window and press play and it usually take about 30 seconds for the ipod to start playing
2) every few times i turn on the car i have to disconnect and re connect the ipod for it show show on the screen again
3) Does infiniti offer any updates for are Idrive thing?! (i know its not called an idrive i just dont know what to call it)
thanks in advance
Old 07-29-2010, 08:12 PM
MidnightG37

Was just informed that Infiniti will announce a service campaign on July 9th that seeks to address concerns regarding the functionality and operation of certain 2010/2011 Infiniti models' navigation systems.
SERVICE CAMPAIGN BULLETIN: ITB10-031

SUBJECT: Campaign Announcement - Infiniti Navigation Software Update Voluntary Service Campaign

SUMMARY: Infiniti is conducting a Voluntary Service Campaign on certain MY 2010 G37 Sedan, G37 Coupe, G37 Convertible, EX35, FX35/FX50 vehicles and MY 2011 M37/M56 vehicles to reprogram the software for the Navigation, Communications, and Entertainment systems.

Due to some software programming issues, navigational maps, voice recognition commands, phone books transfers, and iPod/iPhone interfaces may not be working as intended. The Navigation, Communication, and Entertainment systems will be reprogrammed with updated software to correct these conditions.

In addition, Infiniti is aware of customer concerns regarding compatibility with the Pod Touch. Apple has addressed this issue, and updated software for the iPod Touch will be available via iTunes and the Apple website this month. In the meantime, Infiniti has developed a workaround that will also be installed during this service.

DETAILED INFORMATION: The attached campaign announcement will be sent to all Infiniti retailers via the portal NNAnet.com on Friday, July 9, 2010.
Hopefully this update will fix all of the problem's I've been experiencing. As soon as this software update is applied to both my wife's FX50 and my M56, I'll report back on its effectiveness.
Old 07-30-2010, 12:34 AM
Panamajon

Originally Posted by MidnightG37
Was just informed that Infiniti will announce a service campaign on July 9th that seeks to address concerns regarding the functionality and operation of certain 2010/2011 Infiniti models' navigation systems.
SERVICE CAMPAIGN BULLETIN: ITB10-031

SUBJECT: Campaign Announcement - Infiniti Navigation Software Update Voluntary Service Campaign

SUMMARY: Infiniti is conducting a Voluntary Service Campaign on certain MY 2010 G37 Sedan, G37 Coupe, G37 Convertible, EX35, FX35/FX50 vehicles and MY 2011 M37/M56 vehicles to reprogram the software for the Navigation, Communications, and Entertainment systems.

Due to some software programming issues, navigational maps, voice recognition commands, phone books transfers, and iPod/iPhone interfaces may not be working as intended. The Navigation, Communication, and Entertainment systems will be reprogrammed with updated software to correct these conditions.

In addition, Infiniti is aware of customer concerns regarding compatibility with the Pod Touch. Apple has addressed this issue, and updated software for the iPod Touch will be available via iTunes and the Apple website this month. In the meantime, Infiniti has developed a workaround that will also be installed during this service.

DETAILED INFORMATION: The attached campaign announcement will be sent to all Infiniti retailers via the portal NNAnet.com on Friday, July 9, 2010.
Hopefully this update will fix all of the problem's I've been experiencing. As soon as this software update is applied to both my wife's FX50 and my M56, I'll report back on its effectiveness.
Thanks for posting this. My iPod didn't work with the first USB cable I brought in (OEM from Mac) and it works pretty well with the second, but sometimes it will only let me choose from the letter A or do something silly like that.

Did the 2010 models come with a built in USB cable? When I was at the dealership I thought they said it does but when my vehicle was delivered it came without.
Old 07-30-2010, 03:00 AM
Lime37

I dont think their built in (infiniti diddent even give me a cable with the car)
thanks midnight great help!... especially cause im using an ipod touch! lol!
Old 07-30-2010, 01:18 PM
majin ssj eric

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My iPod Touch will sometimes lock up (especially when playing a bad mp3) and I'll have to restart rhew car to get it to connect again. This happens very rarely though, like maybe 3-4 times total since March. Other than that, I never have to even look at the iPod in the center console...
Old 08-01-2010, 09:02 AM
Breitling65

Originally Posted by Lime37
hey i have a 2010 and i am experiencing a few issues with my ipod conect please tell me if these are normal, can be fixed or past experiences
1) when i turn one the car i have to go to the window and press play and it usually take about 30 seconds for the ipod to start playing
2) every few times i turn on the car i have to disconnect and re connect the ipod for it show show on the screen again
3) Does infiniti offer any updates for are Idrive thing?! (i know its not called an idrive i just dont know what to call it)
thanks in advance

I don't think #2 is normal, is your iPod working OK by itself? I have 2 ipods and one nano, all working same great in my 09 G.
Old 08-01-2010, 10:41 AM
MidnightG37

Originally Posted by Breitling65
I don't think #2 is normal, is your iPod working OK by itself? I have 2 ipods and one nano, all working same great in my 09 G.
The problem is with only 2010 G and other Infiniti models with the updated navigation software.... I had a 2008 Sedan never had a problem and then I purchased a 2010 convertible and have had nothing but problems...
Old 08-01-2010, 02:21 PM
Lime37

i just talked to infiniti and the service department told me infiniti's aren't compatable with the ipod touch
Old 08-02-2010, 10:22 AM
carz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Lime37
i just talked to infiniti and the service department told me infiniti's aren't compatable with the ipod touch
im having an issue with my iPod touch as well.....but not my nano.

Theres no reason that it isnt compatible with iPod Touches......it should be the same as iPhones
Old 08-04-2010, 12:34 AM
jwick

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts
When I first got my G the shuffle on my iPod would work fine until I turned the car off. Once I got back in the car it would be on the same song but would change out of shuffle to song list.

The last time my car was in for service they updated the navi and it works perfectly now.
Old 08-05-2010, 07:22 PM
Lime37

i switched to a nano and all problems solved! =) thanks guys
Old 08-05-2010, 08:03 PM
LiquidPlatg37S

My wife and I just got post card/letters from Infinti for both coupe and sedan their is a tsb on all 2010 navis about iPod connection ... the just update the software in the navigation takes about an hr. Take the car to the dealership or call and set up an apptmnt ...