Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

G37's with no premium stereo, how are you hooking up your ipods?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2010, 10:23 AM
shawnberry45
Registered Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
G37's with no premium stereo, how are you hooking up your ipods?

I have a 2008 G37, I want to hook up my ipod. What is a good way to get this done? I have no ipod hookup.

thanks!
Old 07-28-2010, 11:03 AM
SM_Shadowman

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Do you have the aux input jacks in your center console? If so, simplest thing is to get an adapter to go out from the headphones jack on the ipod to the G37 jacks like this:

Amazon.com: 3.5mm Headphone Plug to RCA Audio Cable for iPod…

Obviously you'd need a separate solution for charging in the car if you wanted that. You won't be able to control the ipod through the car radio controls this way, but I think if you don't have the hookup you wouldn't be able to do that anyway.
Old 07-29-2010, 02:34 PM
SingletrackMind

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have the hookups in the center console and use those. There is a high-pitched whine that comes from it, but I think there is a fix for it. I don't notice it once the music is playing so I don't really care. I also have one of the charger/FM radio deals that plugs into the cigarette lighter, but there are so many damn radio stations around here it's hard to find a good one, so it's basically just a really expensive charger.

So, right now, the charger is plugged into the cigarette lighter, the ipod rests in the cradle and gets charged, and then I plug the cable into the charger thing, and that goes into the aux ports in the center console. If you don't have those ports, you will just have to go with an FM transmitter setup.
Old 07-30-2010, 05:02 PM
shawnberry45
Registered Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
anyone use the pac unit that goes behind the radio?