Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

How do I upload MP3s to the music box nav system?

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2010, 12:29 PM
Noremac

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SM_Shadowman
Otherwise you can also just use USB thumb drives (not to transfer but to play off of) but then it's something like a 500 song limit per drive for some reason.
For the 2010 model, the file limits are increased as follows:

Without Nav
Folder levels: 8, Folders and files: 999 (Max. 255 files for one folder)

With Nav
Folder levels: 8, Folders: 512 (including root folder), Files: 5,000
Old 07-23-2010, 01:53 PM
SM_Shadowman

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Noremac
For the 2010 model, the file limits are increased as follows:

Without Nav
Folder levels: 8, Folders and files: 999 (Max. 255 files for one folder)

With Nav
Folder levels: 8, Folders: 512 (including root folder), Files: 5,000

Well, looks like I got screwed then
Old 07-23-2010, 03:57 PM
SwissG

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Anyone know where the hard drive is, can it be taken out easily and what format the songs are ripped to?

I'm thinking.. attach to laptop, copy songs, paste songs, reinstall in car, job done.

I'm also thinking.... if it was that easy, someone would already have done it
Old 07-27-2010, 11:31 AM
SM_Shadowman

Haven't seen a procedure for this before. The fact that they can be ripped to either 105 or 132 kbps seems to point towards ATRAC as a file format. But that's just guessing.
Old 07-29-2010, 07:48 PM
NYC2MIA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm with SwissG. I was just having this discussion with a colleague, during lunch. If I could just find the harddrive, I'd pull it out, plug it into my laptop, copy my MP3s and reinstall it. MP3s can be encoded at pretty much whatever bitrate you want, so - of course - I assume that the format is MP3, and that the harddrive doesn't have a proprietary connector.

I just got a letter that Infiniti has an update that corrects the iPhone address book corruption problem. How can we submit mass complaints about the lackluster Music Box functionality? It seems Infiniti is listening, so all we have to do is complain.
Old 07-29-2010, 10:03 PM
SM_Shadowman

Originally Posted by NYC2MIA
I'm with SwissG. I was just having this discussion with a colleague, during lunch. If I could just find the harddrive, I'd pull it out, plug it into my laptop, copy my MP3s and reinstall it. MP3s can be encoded at pretty much whatever bitrate you want, so - of course - I assume that the format is MP3, and that the harddrive doesn't have a proprietary connector.

I just got a letter that Infiniti has an update that corrects the iPhone address book corruption problem. How can we submit mass complaints about the lackluster Music Box functionality? It seems Infiniti is listening, so all we have to do is complain.
Probably makes more sense that they're mp3s considering that the system reads only mp3s or wma from a cf card or flash drive. The available bitrates for ripping are a bit strange though and disappointingly low.

I'm guessing we could submit comments here:
Infiniti USA - Contact Us

There doesn't seem to be any appropriate selection in the drop-down box but perhaps just selecting "I have an inquiry" might get it passed along to the right people if there were enough complaints about it.