Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Weird Bluetooth issue

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2010, 07:55 AM
DigMy35x

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Weird Bluetooth issue

So I've had my new G for about a week and I've noticed a few bugs with the BT operation.

I will say that I am waiting to replace my current phone (BB Storm 1) with a refurb due to some other issues so it very well could all be my phone.

Once I move all of my contacts, etc over to the new phone I'll disconnect and re-connect to see if these go away and are just due to the broken phone.

Here is some of the weirdness:
- When I try to connect the BT audio by pressing 'phone' and then 'connect' it just says connecting for about 10 seconds and then that disappears. No option to enter any password or anything like that.

- The 'downloading' and 'connecting' messages pop up on a lot of the BT commands that I try but nother ever happens after they disappear. Again, could be my phone but weird!

- When I use my Jabra BT headset I notice all kinds of BT interference. Buzzing, cutting in and out. It seems like the car and the headset are competing for the BT and I basically have to shut the headset off and connect to the car or I can't use it in my G.

- The BT seems like it takes a lot longer to connect than in my previous car. Almost like there is a 3 second delay before the call picks up. Not a big deal but I'm used to quicker so when someone is talking they wouldn't even notice if your car's BT picked up. Now I can't hear them for a few seconds and I have to give them a warning or they keep asking if I can hear them.

- I notice that the phone tries to connect with the car's BT a few times. I'm not sure if this is trying to connect the BT audio after the phone BT or what but I see a few screens pop up describing the 'connecting' status on my phone.

Just figured I would ask to see if I'm the only one experiencing these issues. I didn't have any of them on my 08G and I'm fairly certain a few might go away with a disconnect/re-pairing of the phone but figured I'd throw it out there.

Thanks in advance!

Jay
Old 07-05-2010, 02:51 PM
LiquidPlatg37S

Originally Posted by DigMy35x
So I've had my new G for about a week and I've noticed a few bugs with the BT operation.

I will say that I am waiting to replace my current phone (BB Storm 1) with a refurb due to some other issues so it very well could all be my phone.

Once I move all of my contacts, etc over to the new phone I'll disconnect and re-connect to see if these go away and are just due to the broken phone.

Here is some of the weirdness:
- When I try to connect the BT audio by pressing 'phone' and then 'connect' it just says connecting for about 10 seconds and then that disappears. No option to enter any password or anything like that.

That is normal once the phone is paired but 10 seconds seems like a long time ... that may be your phone

- The 'downloading' and 'connecting' messages pop up on a lot of the BT commands that I try but nother ever happens after they disappear. Again, could be my phone but weird!

Once again the phone...

- When I use my Jabra BT headset I notice all kinds of BT interference. Buzzing, cutting in and out. It seems like the car and the headset are competing for the BT and I basically have to shut the headset off and connect to the car or I can't use it in my G.

I don't see a need to use your bt headset while in car as you should be able to make calls through your cars audio system... I would shut off the headset should fix that problem...

- The BT seems like it takes a lot longer to connect than in my previous car. Almost like there is a 3 second delay before the call picks up. Not a big deal but I'm used to quicker so when someone is talking they wouldn't even notice if your car's BT picked up. Now I can't hear them for a few seconds and I have to give them a warning or they keep asking if I can hear them.

That is also the phone... that doesnt happen with my MOTO Droid...
Sorry your having problems. I think and updated phone would help tremendously... If it persists after the new phone I would def take to the dealership...
Old 07-05-2010, 07:28 PM
DigMy35x

Yeah - that's the plan. Just haven't had time to check.

Like you said - I do think it's the phone though.

I'll be sure to report back once I get it figured out.

thanks!

Jay
Old 07-05-2010, 08:13 PM
07CA6MT

More than likely its the phone.