Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

2010 g37 bluetooth

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2010, 08:01 AM
mystakin
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 g37 bluetooth

so i have my iphone 3gs hooked up via bluetooth in my car and it picks up calls great. the only problem i have is taking minutes just to make a call with the darn interface! if i dont do it manually, the car reads me aloud ALL my options and its a hassle to listen through ALL of them before i can pick the one i want.. is there a way to fix this? im sure many of you know what im talking about. coming from a tl, all that used to say was "please say a command" and i was on my way.. i know this is a minor issue, but its these nitty gritty things that seem to bother me :/
Old 06-28-2010, 08:19 AM
rburt
Registered Member

Just push the talk button on the steering wheel to interrupt the speech and say your command.
Old 06-29-2010, 10:44 PM
DigMy35x

Ahhh, here is a little trick for you.

Under the voice setup just select 'minimize feedback' or something like that. Also select 'alternate voice command' (can't remember the exact settings).

This avoids all of the menu repeats and having to go through a bunch of stuff. The most basic commands are easy to remember and it will make a big difference for you.

Let us know if it is closer to what you were expecting.

Good luck!

Jay
Old 06-30-2010, 12:39 AM
mdinner

I know what you mean. Just got a 2010 g37x with nav and making a call by name with voice recognition takes several steps. The manual says you can just say "dial Mike" at the first command if you have entered Mike in the address book with a voice tag but that doesn't work. If you find a solution let me know.
Old 07-01-2010, 05:35 PM
mdinner

Think I may have found the best work around solution for making a bluetooth phone call in a 2010 G37 with nav. Push the command button and say "vehicle phonebook". then push the command button again and say the name you want to call (of course you must first have entered the person you want to call in the vehicle phonebook). The display will show the name of the person you want to call. You then just have to confirm the name and say "dial". Not perfect, but better than going through all the prompts. It seems to work best if you DON't enter voice tags for the names. Without voice tags it finds the name 100% correctly. With voice takes it's less than 50% accurate. It would be nice if you could say "vehicle phonebook 'name'" all in one command but it won't work (and I've tried it with and without voice tags). Hope this helps someone out there.

Mark
Old 07-02-2010, 12:05 AM
6long

I was going just to post a thread about this!! It's beyond annoying, I hope someone has been smart enough to figure out a way to turn it off.
Old 07-02-2010, 11:23 AM
CERS

Bluetooth help....

Just picked up my G37s yesterday and paired my blackberry easily. For some reason when I first start the car my phone pairs as expected but is displaying a connected call. Mind you the actual handset is not showing a call. Weird...

its been 48-hours and so far my opinion of the bluetooth phone interface is aweful. The set-up in my C63 was legit...

Any similar issues? Fixes? I'm on the phone alot and bluetooth functionality is one of the most important features for me..

Thanks.
Old 10-11-2010, 03:13 AM
chesh818

Exclamation My bluetooth stopped working correctly...

I have a 2010 G37 with navigation and I paired the Blackberry with it when I got the car and it worked great. Then out of nowhere one day when I went to pick up a call it would connect to the phone but nothing came out of the car speakers. Basically, I have to use my handset to hear them. I've tried re-pairing all over again and it still does not work. I'd greatly appreciate if anyone knows how to fix this? I just got the car and paid so much money and should be able to use the bluetooth don't you think? Thanks.
Old 10-11-2010, 03:15 PM
TheIvoryG

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Voice commands on the 2010 are my biggest complaint about this car. I had a 2007 G35, and they were absolutely amazing. This software version requires lots and lots more steps...to the point that I never use it. Kind of a bummer considering I bought a car 3 years newer and it has inferior technology in this particular area.