Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Bluetooth Failed

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2010, 01:52 PM
07CA6MT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bluetooth Failed

So, after trying to pair my cell with the car with multiple failures, here I'am. Anyone else has/had this issue? My cell is not on the list of "prefered" phones, but I did not have the same issue with my 2007 G35S. I'm in the 2010 G37X now. Phone was found my car's bluetooth but it fails to connect.
Old 06-20-2010, 06:38 PM
exit9

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
What type of phone do you have? Perhaps someone on the forum may have the same phone working without issues.
Old 06-20-2010, 10:39 PM
07CA6MT

Samsung Instinct Sprint.
Old 06-21-2010, 09:05 AM
DigMy35x

I'm sure you've already done this but try resetting the phone. Do it now that it's connected, if that doesn't work - delete the phone, reset the phone and then try to connect again.

I couldn't tell if you got this far but did you get the chance to enter the security codes for both the phone and the car's system? If you didn't get that far it may be a BT setting on your phone like 'allow discovery' or something like that.

Finally, are you able to connect as a phone just not to get the audio through BT? If so, it's likely a setting issue on the phone. If not, try the above again.

As a previous poster said - you should be able to find a forum for users of your phone somewhere online. Maybe go there and post and see what info you get.

Don't forget to post back if you get it working so you can help someone else!

Good luck!

Jay
Old 06-21-2010, 01:21 PM
Only4theGnme

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 07CA6MT
So, after trying to pair my cell with the car with multiple failures, here I'am. Anyone else has/had this issue? My cell is not on the list of "prefered" phones, but I did not have the same issue with my 2007 G35S. I'm in the 2010 G37X now. Phone was found my car's bluetooth but it fails to connect.
All of that "resetting the phone" isn't going to work...I have a T-mobile G1 phone...It used to work with the car and then T-mobile pushed out an update to the OS for the phone and now it will pair, even ring thru the car when I get a call, but I can no longer talk without physically using my phone in hand...and no one can offer a solution.
Old 06-22-2010, 03:09 AM
07CA6MT

Went as far as putting in the pin. After the car recognizes the phone it goes to connect and this is were it fails to connect. Tried all the steps that you've mentioned. Thanks for the help though.

Originally Posted by DigMy35x
I'm sure you've already done this but try resetting the phone. Do it now that it's connected, if that doesn't work - delete the phone, reset the phone and then try to connect again.

I couldn't tell if you got this far but did you get the chance to enter the security codes for both the phone and the car's system? If you didn't get that far it may be a BT setting on your phone like 'allow discovery' or something like that.

Finally, are you able to connect as a phone just not to get the audio through BT? If so, it's likely a setting issue on the phone. If not, try the above again.

As a previous poster said - you should be able to find a forum for users of your phone somewhere online. Maybe go there and post and see what info you get.

Don't forget to post back if you get it working so you can help someone else!

Good luck!

Jay
Old 06-22-2010, 06:22 AM
DigMy35x

Try going here, register and search to see if anyone has run into this and resolved it:

Samsung Instinct Forum

Jay
Old 06-23-2010, 06:11 AM
07CA6MT

Update

Funny thing, my phone locked up this morning so I proceeded to take out the battery. After powering back up, darn thing connected right away. Weird. Last night I was so frustrated that I dropped 200 bills and ordered the HTC EVO. Might have to return it now. Any thoughts on this phone? Once again, thanks for all the input.

Dan
Old 06-23-2010, 08:43 AM
DigMy35x

That is funny!

Glad it's working for you. Never hurts to get a new phone though right?

Let us know if you get the new one connected

Jayk
Old 06-23-2010, 09:27 AM
rohardi

Call it a day and get the Iphone 4 it's AMAZING!
Old 06-23-2010, 08:57 PM
07CA6MT

Ordered the HTC Evo, my instinct had a fight with a wall and lost. POS starting acting up not connecting and freezing up. AHH. But, cant wait for the EVO.

Originally Posted by DigMy35x
That is funny!

Glad it's working for you. Never hurts to get a new phone though right?

Let us know if you get the new one connected

Jayk
Old 06-23-2010, 09:03 PM
crazjayz
Registered Member

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by only4mal
All of that "resetting the phone" isn't going to work...I have a T-mobile G1 phone...It used to work with the car and then T-mobile pushed out an update to the OS for the phone and now it will pair, even ring thru the car when I get a call, but I can no longer talk without physically using my phone in hand...and no one can offer a solution.
I have the same phone. Mine works fined paired.
Old 06-24-2010, 11:18 PM
Almatti

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I use a Motorola MOTO Q 9c. I know, I know....but it's a company phone. Anyway, It paired with my 07 G and it paired with my new 2010 G37X. Very easliy, I might add. The Moto Q uses Windows mobile 6.1 operating system. It synchs with my office Outlook - emails, etc. On a number of occasions, after starting the car, the LCD shows that it picked up the bluetooth phone, then some moments later an announcement on the LCD screen in the car says: Call in Progress... and lists the selectable keys on the right. If I push any of them, nothing happens. I wait a little, and then I can use the phone to make a call??? Also, the receiving calls rings in the car speakers as it should, AND on the Phone ?? Called infiniti, they said take out the battery and reboot the phone. That hasn't worked.. Any ideas? This didn't happen in my 07?
Old 06-25-2010, 09:23 PM
07CA6MT

Got the EVO today in the mail. Love this phone. And yes, it connects first time every time.
Old 06-26-2010, 12:15 AM
little motor

My Motorola Razor worked great with my 09 G37x, from AT&T. But I hadn't been happy with AT & T so I decided I wanted one of the new G3 smart phones. Verizon had a good deal on the Motorola Droid, so I bought it after paying an early termination fee with AT & T. What Verizon didn't tell me is, the phone won't work with my G37. Anybody out there have this phone and been able to pair it? If not, does anyone have any other G3 smart phone that works (not the iphone, AT & T is mad at me). Right now I am ticked off with Verizon for not telling me ahead of time. I should have done my homework.

Quick Reply: Bluetooth Failed