Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

My Music Box experience

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2010, 12:13 PM
tfratzke

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Title Information Search Software

You guys are aware that Inifinti has a free piece of software that you download to your PC to update missing music information automatically? All you need is a USB drive, plug it into the car, export the missing song info, bring it to your computer, the software updates the titles automatically. Then bring it back to the car, import and VIOLA, all fixed. It is in the user manual, and it super easy and works every time. No manual typing necessary.
Old 04-29-2011, 04:39 PM
maxximase
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by CougarRed
I've noticed that when I set my 360 song playlist to "random", there seems to be no memory of what's been played from car trip to car trip. In other words, I've heard some of the songs on the playlist several times, and many of the songs not once.
I figured I'd add here rather than start another thread. A couple of comments about the music box in my 09 sedan:

First, the "random" is frustrating -- I have the same problem as described above where it seems I hear the same songs regularly and many never at all.

Second, it's frustrating that you cannot select an artist to play while driving -- you must be stopped. Does the ipod interface allow you to do this?

Finally, the inability to copy mp3's onto the music box is utterly moronic and almost entirely defeats the purpose and convenience of the music box.

As I've read about others doing, it may be time to by an old cheap ipod and just leave it in the car permanently.