Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Harassed by XM

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2010, 11:04 PM
robxc80

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ive been harrassed by them too. i hate them
Old 04-28-2010, 11:20 PM
Mike

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
How did they get your information? The dealer doesn't give it to them... its supposed to be a "you call XM if you want it" deal.
Old 04-28-2010, 11:41 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Sal123
God I hated people like you 5 years or so ago. I work for a major wireless telecom com that merged with another major telecom company. People couldn't understand why we couldn't just wave our magic wands and let them keep their old plans, equipment, etc. since we were the same company. Just because we're owned by the same company on paper doesn't magically make everything (billing systems for example) compatible. It's the same with XM/Sirius. If it was that easy, don't you think they would have already done it? Getting each other's channels is the easy part; the technology they both use is identical so it's just a matter of programming. Converting millions of subscribers from one billing system to another is not a simple task.
Whatever. XM/Sirius is selling a nonessential serice, and if they don't get their crap together expeditiously they're going to lose customers or worse. Do you think I should care how difficult it is for them to merge their billing systems? They merged more than one year ago. If they're so inefficient that they can't address simple customer service issues over the course of a year, then they cannot possibly expect to survive.
Old 04-28-2010, 11:43 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Mike
How did they get your information? The dealer doesn't give it to them... its supposed to be a "you call XM if you want it" deal.
They absolutely get buyer information from the dealer and/or corporate. I have received at least two unsolicited letters from them since buying my car two months ago, and each requests my continued business with them after the three month trial period expires.
Old 04-29-2010, 12:04 AM
SM_Shadowman

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I asked my salesmen about the XM when he was giving me my car tutorial after I bought it. He said the XM expires on its own if I let it lapse, but if I wanted to continue it, they would be sending me some information within a month or two.

So obviously the dealership gives them that information. You do call them if you want it -- they can't charge you for it or anything without you buying it first. But obviously they will contact you also. I only got one letter via snail mail, but I ended up subscribing after a month so maybe I would have gotten calls otherwise.

But like I said before, simply ask them to take you off their marketing list or not to call you by phone, and they will have to comply. If it doesn't work the first time, ask for a supervisor.
Old 04-29-2010, 12:42 AM
robxc80

They told me two month trial period...until i corrected him over the phone...shady bastards...and they did not even set up the navtraffic so i can't even tell if i like it or not...

those guys do not know how to run a business...im suprised XM was even able to get in position to acquire Sirius with their lousy business model.
Old 04-29-2010, 02:21 AM
Mike

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by 15951
They absolutely get buyer information from the dealer and/or corporate. I have received at least two unsolicited letters from them since buying my car two months ago, and each requests my continued business with them after the three month trial period expires.
That is so illegal in California... heh
Old 04-29-2010, 10:52 AM
CHI-TOWN G37

Merging billing systems can be done overnight; it's the merging of the CUSTOMERS from each business unit that is difficult with government regulations and privacy acts. But like I said, nothing to worry about for much longer as these guys are toast.