Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Weird scan button issue with XM

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2010, 12:03 AM
dainjarouz
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Weird scan button issue with XM

Ok, so when I press and hold the scan button on the steering wheel control or the actual radio and it's set on AM or FM it'll go to the next station just fine...

When I hold it while it's on XM, it doesn't go to the next station, it goes to this weird preset...i didn't write down the stations, but there's 17 "presets" that it always goes to...in order..itll never go to the "next" station.

It's really annoying because i have to turn the radio **** to get another station. Is anyone else experiencing this?
Old 04-26-2010, 12:56 AM
SM_Shadowman

Originally Posted by dainjarouz
Ok, so when I press and hold the scan button on the steering wheel control or the actual radio and it's set on AM or FM it'll go to the next station just fine...

When I hold it while it's on XM, it doesn't go to the next station, it goes to this weird preset...i didn't write down the stations, but there's 17 "presets" that it always goes to...in order..itll never go to the "next" station.

It's really annoying because i have to turn the radio **** to get another station. Is anyone else experiencing this?
1. Do you mean the "Scan" or the "Seek" button? The scan button is the one you press (not hold) and it keeps going from station to station until you find something you like and press it again. For me, the scan button goes 1 station at a time in XM mode.

2. The "Seek" button, on the other hand, for AM/FM works like you said. For XM it's a "category" button -- notice it really says "Seek-Cat" on the button. It skips to the first station of the next category (rock, pop, country, talk, etc)

Unfortunately I've found the only way to go to the next station in XM is to use the tuner **** or hit scan and wait for it to stop at each station for a few seconds. I don't have a seek/scan button on my steering wheel with my model year car, my steering wheel controls only cycle through my programmed stations. Or I guess if you hold it longer it mimics the "seek - cat" button which isn't really what I want it to do either. I wish I could tune, like you said.

Last edited by SM_Shadowman; 04-26-2010 at 01:02 AM.
Old 04-26-2010, 01:28 PM
dainjarouz
Premier Member

oh yea...sorry i meant the seek button...i guess i understand now. SEEK-CAT..i always wondered what the CAT stand for. Damn thats so lame.