Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Help automatic rest, my G gone crazy!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2010, 03:53 AM
saparda

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Angry automatic rest, my G gone crazy!!

hey guys

so i posted a thread about a problem i have with my G, bluetooth just stopped the automatic connectivity!! when i get into the car, it wont connect to my mobile automatically!!?

today, another problem arise

trying to fix the bluetooth problem, i did the rest thingy (when you turn off the audio and keep pressing the "settings" button and turn the volume up to access a menu"

in that menu there is a rest or initializing for the HDD and everything gets erased like phonebook...etc.

after i did this, of course the bluetooth problem is still there and now every time i turn on the engine it goes back to default settings.

for example, i like to make AC read as C' NOT F', when i change it and turn off the car it goes back to F'

audio settings also change!!!!

am getting SICK of this, anyone faced this problem before....i tried EVERYTHING. rest the ECU, disconnect the battery, do the initializing again....SAME ****.
Old 04-19-2010, 06:18 AM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 243 Likes on 193 Posts
Enjoy your lame American-Spec G

Gulf spec FTW
Old 04-19-2010, 06:48 AM
saparda

Originally Posted by G37Sam
Enjoy your lame American-Spec G

Gulf spec FTW
someone ban this guy!!!

he is insulting the US-spec!!!!!

P.S: middle east spec dont have IPOD + compact flash + tehnology package including the Hard drive and cost around 55K!!!!....do you guys blame me on importing the G from the US

over here cars like KIA have the IPOD connectivity.

back to the topic!!!!
Old 04-19-2010, 06:50 AM
G37Sam
Administrator

Yes, but at least our stuff works (Including navigation)

Back to topic lol
Old 04-19-2010, 02:22 PM
saparda

no body can help me with this!!!!!

today i found a new thing, @ night the background color change to the dark one, before i setthe bright one to be all the time, and now every time i change it to bright, i turn off the engine, turn it on and what do you know.....it's back to the dark background

Last edited by saparda; 04-20-2010 at 05:20 AM.
Old 04-20-2010, 05:19 AM
saparda

WTH guys....82 came in and not even 1 left a comment!!!!

today i went to the dealer, he's not willing to take the car and check it since it's a US-Spec, the system is different than the middle east....i call that BS
Old 04-20-2010, 02:00 PM
saparda

105.....still no comments!!!
Old 04-20-2010, 08:22 PM
G37Sam
Administrator

no one has an answer for you, just drop it and move on lol
Old 04-20-2010, 09:26 PM
MaxdOut

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
I had a problem with my bluetooth as well, funny thing.... I just needed to turn off my cell and turn it back on. There was nothing wrong with the car it was the cell phone. It needed to be cycled on and off since I never turned it off since I got it. And you probably should not have done the service menu reset, someone else did it and had no choice but to got to the dealer and they had to contact someone else to fix it...
Old 04-21-2010, 01:43 AM
saparda

Originally Posted by MaxdOut
I had a problem with my bluetooth as well, funny thing.... I just needed to turn off my cell and turn it back on. There was nothing wrong with the car it was the cell phone. It needed to be cycled on and off since I never turned it off since I got it. And you probably should not have done the service menu reset, someone else did it and had no choice but to got to the dealer and they had to contact someone else to fix it...
aaaah a comment!!

any chance you know what they did to that guy to fix this problem??
Old 04-21-2010, 02:54 AM
redfoster

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by MaxdOut
I don't know anything about the service menu thing, but I had the same issue with my phone and powercycling the phone was the fix for me too.
Old 04-21-2010, 09:41 AM
Krebo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well let me get this right... your phone didnt connect to your car when you entered it was the original problem...

and now since you reset everything to default your complaining your settings got erased?

now i know who they make the user manuals for cause i thought no one ever reads them.

Why did you not just pair your phone with the car from start again? that would have solved the issue.

sometimes the pairing with bluetooth gets messed up.. Always just repair the phone before reseting every computer on your car.
Old 04-21-2010, 10:26 AM
MaxdOut

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
It's here....https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-sed...controler.html
Old 04-21-2010, 10:51 AM
saparda

hmmm then am out of luck, cuz the dealer over here wont touch my car and i dont think they even know how to deal with the system
Old 04-21-2010, 10:58 AM
saparda

but my problem is losing settings i set.

it's like the car got a temporary moemory in it.

and not all the settings gets deleted, only the "A/C reading" and "driver audio stage" "bluetooth phones".......everything else stays the same.

Quick Reply: Help automatic rest, my G gone crazy!!