Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Help! Bluetooth contact transfer from my Android Samsung Moment

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2010, 03:04 PM
jcbama85

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Help! Bluetooth contact transfer from my Android Samsung Moment

Hey guys,

I just purchased a 2010 G37 Sedan, Journey and Premium packages. Awesome car!

However, I'm having trouble getting my Sprint Samsung Moment Android phone to move my contacts over to the car.

I've searched and read every suggestion to get contacts moved from an Android phone to my non-nav G37. Nothing seems to work. Four or five transfer over, but I cannot make any others move.

I've tried to push them individually via bluetooth but the car won't accept transfer.

So my questions are:

1. How do I manually enter a contact? I've read the manual and it only shows it with the Nav versions.
2. Is there something I am missing to move them over one at a time?

I realize there are a lot of posts about this, but I was unable to make them work and I am resigned to entering them manually, but I cannot figure out how to do that.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Last edited by jcbama85; 04-18-2010 at 03:57 PM.
Old 04-18-2010, 04:50 PM
Wiggum

My Sprint HTC Hero will download the contacts one a time, but not the entire phonebook at once. Not sure if it has anything to do with the Nav or not. I have the navi, but didn't think the bluetooth was any different.
Old 04-19-2010, 08:41 AM
dopey
Registered Member

My Nexus One is able to sync all my contacts. It's not quite perfect though, as it appears some contacts only sync over as a phone number, not name and phone number. I haven't figured out why. This just happens automatically when the phone is paired. Once there, I'm able to create contacts on the vehicle phonebook from the handset phonebook without any problems.
Old 04-19-2010, 10:31 AM
hispeed-lowdrag
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
pg 4-77 of the owners manual shows how to make phonebook entries one at a time for the non-navi

here's an online copy of it http://www.infiniti-techinfo.com/ref...finiti-G37.pdf
Old 04-19-2010, 01:50 PM
jcbama85

Thumbs up Thank you

Originally Posted by hispeed-lowdrag
pg 4-77 of the owners manual shows how to make phonebook entries one at a time for the non-navi

here's an online copy of it http://www.infiniti-techinfo.com/ref...finiti-G37.pdf
Thanks! I was looking at 4-85 and beyond, did not realize there was additional phone information prior to that point.

I believe this solves my issue, at least I can manually enter them now.

Thanks for being kind to a Noob.
Old 04-19-2010, 06:51 PM
Twylight

on the android phone, go to the address book, under option or export - export them to the phone SD card (or import to phone) and then the car can pull them with no drama - the car wants stuff off the internal phone card, not the android address book...I just did this today.
Old 05-01-2010, 05:18 PM
cjc357

Wanted to ask you about transfering your android contacts. I have exported my phonebook to my sd card. Them I am using bluetooth file transfer app but its giving me an error saying the receiver doesnt have FTP or OPP (Push profile).

I am selecting download phonebook on the car but all i get is this error. What did you do?

I have a 08 g37s with navi. Thanks!
Old 05-03-2010, 12:00 PM
Mgrmitch

I am rooted and having the same issues with the phonebook getting into my 2010 G37X. I go into people then menu, import/export, export to SD card. Then I get an option of Google or Phone? Which one do I pick? Once on the card what are the steps to get the phonebook into car? Thanks!
Old 06-07-2010, 10:24 PM
use2vw

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

***CAN someone explain this? I'm on page 4-77 and all is talks about is MUSICBOX editing? Am I missing something here? HOW the HECK do you manually ENTER contact info on a NON Navi G37 sedan???