Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Help: Navi and XM

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 11:10 PM
Harley'sG

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I haven't used the voice command very much but will def try...I have a 6mt and as long as you are not moving you can type...no ebrake
Old 04-14-2010, 01:27 AM
XMMAN

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by hispeed-lowdrag
umm...no, that is completely incorrect. the ebrake has to be clicked at least once. otherwise it will stay grayed out. at least that is my experience, maybe my G is the one that has to have the ebrake up
Um yes.. I have a 2008 G37s with navi.. and I dont need to pull up the ebrake handle to access the full nav menu.. just have to be at a complete stop.. dont even have to have my foot on the brake! Car can not be rolling though. Every other G I have ever been in has been the same way.. maybe somethings wrong with your car? Go outside and check it to make sure!
Old 04-14-2010, 11:55 AM
08Gsmith25

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by XMMAN
THE EBRAKE DOES NOT HAVE TO BE UP IN A 6MT WITH NAV!!!! You just have to be at a stop.. if the car detects you are moving it will block you out from certain menus.. play with your car and youll figure out ways to do things while driving. if you need help pm me.

yep thats how mine appears to be
Old 04-14-2010, 11:59 AM
hispeed-lowdrag
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by XMMAN
Um yes.. I have a 2008 G37s with navi.. and I dont need to pull up the ebrake handle to access the full nav menu.. just have to be at a complete stop.. dont even have to have my foot on the brake! Car can not be rolling though. Every other G I have ever been in has been the same way.. maybe somethings wrong with your car? Go outside and check it to make sure!
well I have to apologize, you are right and I was definitely wrong. my bad guys!! I think I just always had clicked the ebrake right when I stopped so hadn't realized it didn't have to do with the ebrake.

thanks for correcting my dumb slip-up
Old 04-14-2010, 05:52 PM
XMMAN

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by hispeed-lowdrag
well I have to apologize, you are right and I was definitely wrong. my bad guys!! I think I just always had clicked the ebrake right when I stopped so hadn't realized it didn't have to do with the ebrake.

thanks for correcting my dumb slip-up
Thats what family is for hooters
Old 04-14-2010, 11:13 PM
yogregb

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by SM_Shadowman
With mine it only has to be stopped too. Handbrake position doesn't matter. I'm 100% sure of this: If I mess with the settings as soon as I come to a stop the greyed out settings reappear and work again. Then as soon as I start moving they grey-out again.

Maybe one of us has it wired wrong or something . Or it's different in the sedan vs coupe.
+ 1... might be an 09' thing??