Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

HELP! Hidden Dealer Menu "Factory Reset" option removed menus from my controler

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2012, 03:48 PM
Gio37
Registered Member

Received 244 Likes on 166 Posts
Originally Posted by DashKid
I don't think this is a good idea. This is very dangerous to yourself and to others who are going to buy your car in the future. Would stay away from doing this.
^^^ +1

it reminds me of this

Name:  12A-1.jpg
Views: 1234
Size:  128.9 KB
Old 05-12-2012, 04:37 PM
soundmike

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
Ok, so i'm curious, how is this dangerous again?
Old 05-12-2012, 05:04 PM
jesse550

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
I agree with those of you that say it's no more harmful than a RVM. Only reason I posted the warning was because you may have an urge to look at it more often when you first figure this out.

As to the "what damage can you cause" question: You may screw up manufacturer spec settings in diagnostics which may have been fine tuned to suit your car by playing around in there.
Old 05-12-2012, 05:21 PM
Rad_Slinger

Received 81 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by SwissCheeseHead
CaptainObvious. I deeply apologize for not being able to "be here from the beginning." I also deeply apologize for not knowing my way around this forum. I bow to your immeasurable omnipotent powers. Two threads in a pool of thousands should be an easy find for even the most simple minded beings. I hate to admit that I am not even that. Please forgive my callousness.
You forgot to add "XXXXXX" to the end of the last sentence.

Seriously...let people talk about things, regardless if it's a repeat, without putting your unneeded and unwanted .02 in. (not referring to you swisscheesehead)

Last edited by cereal2k; 05-12-2012 at 10:25 PM. Reason: I edited your post, keep it on topic, without resorting to name calling.
Old 05-12-2012, 06:21 PM
DPE G

Received 112 Likes on 73 Posts
If this is considered a repeat...does that mean we don't have to let people post more pics of Vossen wheels since we have seen those more than any other mod on this forum?
Old 05-12-2012, 06:34 PM
Sharkroy1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What he said ^ +1
Old 05-12-2012, 07:51 PM
jon23

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This was my first time trying this! I think it was pretty cool, kinda felt like a plane, since they have those cameras to monitor the tarmac and all...

Awesome repost! (I actually did not know this had already been posted before)

Has anyone found anything interesting to do using that menu? I think someone mentioned maybe trying to change the color of the backup path, or menu colors, etc...
Old 05-12-2012, 07:55 PM
jesse550

Originally Posted by jon23
This was my first time trying this! I think it was pretty cool, kinda felt like a plane, since they have those cameras to monitor the tarmac and all...

Awesome repost! (I actually did not know this had already been posted before)

Has anyone found anything interesting to do using that menu? I think someone mentioned maybe trying to change the color of the backup path, or menu colors, etc...
Haven't had time to experiment with the other things, I'll try it out soon. I use the cam in bumper to bumper traffic to make sure the peeps behind me aren't getting too close and touching (NYC traffic).
Old 05-12-2012, 08:02 PM
jon23

Originally Posted by jesse550
Haven't had time to experiment with the other things, I'll try it out soon. I use the cam in bumper to bumper traffic to make sure the peeps behind me aren't getting too close and touching (NYC traffic).

It'd be so cool if it could take pics during an impact! That'd help a lot during a hit & run! The clown that dared hit a G37 would get a citation and a picture of himself hitting you, and think to himself: " But....how did they catch me?"
Old 05-12-2012, 08:03 PM
jesse550

Originally Posted by jon23
It'd be so cool if it could take pics during an impact! That'd help a lot during a hit & run! The clown that dared hit a G37 would get a citation and a picture of himself hitting you, and think to himself: " But....how did they catch me?"
You just gotta improvise I have a mount for my iPhone/iPod touch, got it for 15 bux and I don't use my ipod touch so I used to mount it on my windshield and use it as a dash cam but now i can mount it on the center console and aim it at the nav screen to capture video of the rear
Old 05-12-2012, 08:05 PM
jon23

^^ Sweet! Good idea.
Old 05-12-2012, 09:00 PM
SwissCheeseHead

Received 87 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally Posted by SwissCheeseHead
CaptainObvious. I deeply apologize for not being able to "be here from the beginning." I also deeply apologize for not knowing my way around this forum. I bow to your immeasurable omnipotent powers. Two threads in a pool of thousands should be an easy find for even the most simple minded beings. I hate to admit that I am not even that. Please forgive my callousness. XXXXXX. per Mattster's request.
Originally Posted by Mattster
You forgot to add "XXXXXX" to the end of the last sentence.

Seriously...let people talk about things, regardless if it's a repeat, without putting your unneeded and unwanted .02 in. (not referring to you swisscheesehead)
Done.

Last edited by cereal2k; 05-12-2012 at 10:26 PM.
Old 05-12-2012, 10:00 PM
Seraphix

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by DPE G
If this is considered a repeat...does that mean we don't have to let people post more pics of Vossen wheels since we have seen those more than any other mod on this forum?
Man a brother can't get a break for rocking vossen's
I'ts all good lol. Big fan of the new wheels though dude
Old 05-13-2012, 12:59 AM
DashKid
Banned

Originally Posted by soundmike
Ok, so i'm curious, how is this dangerous again?
In all different kinds of ways. People will be focused on their rear view while driving especially in high speeds. For example you are going over 80-90 mph and you decide to focus on you're screen and bam you hit another car or wall.
Old 05-13-2012, 01:23 AM
Sharkroy1

Yeah, and then you might look at your rearview mirror and BAM you hit a truck, or you adjust your climate control and WHAM you hit Mt Rushmore, or you reach in the console for a CD and BOOM you crash to the bottom of the Grand Canyon like Will E. Coyote

Quick Reply: HELP! Hidden Dealer Menu "Factory Reset" option removed menus from my controler