Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Cd's very hot to touch

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2010, 06:10 AM
iwasgointo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cd's very hot to touch

In my 2009 G37S after listening to a cd only once and ejecting it I find it to be very hot to the touch. I've never experienced a cd being this hot in cars I've owned in the past. With this kind of heat being generated in the audio system I don't expect the system to last very long. I suppose summer heat will make things even worse.
Old 04-10-2010, 11:51 AM
jjkusaf

if they start to melt...let us know.
Old 04-10-2010, 01:29 PM
hispeed-lowdrag
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
yes the cd's get hot but it's totally fine. the touch screen is what is generating all the heat b/c it sits right on top of the cd player. its not going to fail or anything like that, dont worry
Old 04-10-2010, 02:13 PM
iwasgointo

Originally Posted by hispeed-lowdrag
yes the cd's get hot but it's totally fine. the touch screen is what is generating all the heat b/c it sits right on top of the cd player. its not going to fail or anything like that, dont worry
That's an interesting opinion about the touch screen generating the heat. I was under the impression that the touch screen was lcd based which is considered to be a very cool running system. Perhaps it's the hard drive that's creating a lot of heat. Excessive heat is the enemy of all things electronic and will definitely reduce the expected lifespan of the audio system no matter where the heat is coming from. But that's just my opinion.
I think I'll start on inventing a water cooled audio system for the Infiniti.
Old 04-10-2010, 02:30 PM
hispeed-lowdrag
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by iwasgointo
That's an interesting opinion about the touch screen generating the heat. I was under the impression that the touch screen was lcd based which is considered to be a very cool running system. Perhaps it's the hard drive that's creating a lot of heat. Excessive heat is the enemy of all things electronic and will definitely reduce the expected lifespan of the audio system no matter where the heat is coming from. But that's just my opinion.
I think I'll start on inventing a water cooled audio system for the Infiniti.
yeah my bad I meant to say the hard drive...not the screen itself. yeah it definitely will shorten the life, but I sincerely doubt that will be less than the life of the car (IMO)

if you come up with one I'll be your first customer