Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Help Programming Car's Phonebook no nav

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2010, 03:36 AM
BayAreaG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Programming Car's Phonebook no nav

Hi guys, new to the boards and also new to a G37 in general. I searched, but didn't see a specific answer as to how to program the car's phonebook without nav. Some thread said you have to do it via audio command, but when I go to the phonebook menu I don't have the option to 'Transfer Entry.' So far I've just been using my handset to dial numbers. I've also noticed that the synced phonebook off my LG Voyager chose a few random contacts to put in, but nowhere near all of them.
Old 04-13-2010, 10:55 AM
EKinNYC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
its not a true sync... it doesnt actually import the numbers into the system, but it reads them from your phone. i sync'd with my Blackberry Tour, and most names it recognizes. Some foreign names, you have to record voice tags.

Press the phone button on the steering wheel > Say Phonebook > Say List names.

it will start going thru each entry in ur phone. at this point, it is easier to switch to manual control (press the up/down rocker on the steering wheel, and use "call" button as "enter". go to the name you want, press enter, then choose something like "record voice", and speak the name as you want it recognized. the system recognizes names fairly well, but it sucks with international names, and also short names. it took me forever to program "Nick".