Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Help with USB Port and iPhone!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2010, 01:43 PM
JJSoCrazy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help with USB Port and iPhone!!!

Hey guys,

I have been having a problem with my USB connection and my iPhone when playing music.

Whenever I play my music from the iPhone after a few songs I go to the next song and then suddenly it freezes and then states "check USB connection". This has been happening a lot and I am getting annoyed because I can't listen to music without this happening every time I am in the car. I unplug it then after a few I plug it back in and it still doesn't work and stated "reading USB" for a really long time and then the "check USB connection" pops up. The only way it works again is when I turn the car off and then turn it on again.

Can anyone help? I went to the dealer and they looked at it but there were no issues.

Thanks!

Joe
Old 03-30-2010, 01:51 PM
godzilla619
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
did you try a different iphone/ipod or usb cable?
Old 03-30-2010, 01:54 PM
JJSoCrazy

Originally Posted by godzilla619
did you try a different iphone/ipod or usb cable?
I tried another USB cable and it still does it. Although I might try my iTouch and see if it still does it. However I think it may be because I have A LOT of songs stored on my phone and maybe the random when I go through it fast messes up the system? Idk I am just speculating but it is really a pain to not be able to listen to music and have it freezing!!!!
Old 03-30-2010, 02:14 PM
hispeed-lowdrag
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
need to know the model iPhone (gen1, 3G, 3GS)

You said you tried a different USB with the iPhone and it happened...so try the old and new USB with the iTouch and see if it happens with either one of those to try and narrow down the exact cause
Old 03-30-2010, 02:15 PM
Balzac72
G SQUAD

How many gigs is your ipod? I'm currently using a 32gig USB thumb drive and besides long loading times, it doesn't give me any errors.
Old 03-30-2010, 02:53 PM
JJSoCrazy

Originally Posted by hispeed-lowdrag
need to know the model iPhone (gen1, 3G, 3GS)

You said you tried a different USB with the iPhone and it happened...so try the old and new USB with the iTouch and see if it happens with either one of those to try and narrow down the exact cause
I have a 3GS. I will try the iTouch later today but its a pain because I rather use the iPhone.

Originally Posted by Balzac72
How many gigs is your ipod? I'm currently using a 32gig USB thumb drive and besides long loading times, it doesn't give me any errors.
16GB iPhone, The iTouch I think I have an 8GB but I need to check again
Old 03-31-2010, 12:20 PM
crrink

I've been having this problem since day 1 (bought my G37 Sedan on 2/1/10.) I took the car in for the scan button fix, and asked them to check it out.
The service department was hopeful the scan button fix would solve my iPhone problem, but it seems to have made it worse. In addition to the loss of connection, my phone book displays in Hex on the Infiniti screen.
After a bit of badgering the service department tells me that the iPhone 3GS and the latest firmware are not completely compatible with the G37. They say they're working on it, but both the phone and firmware have been out for a while now, so I'm surprised it isn't fixed yet.

The one thing you can do is use bluetooth audio streaming instead of the USB connection. So far I haven't had any issues with that.
When I have time I plan on wiping and reinstalling the software on my iPhone, as well as removing/reinstalling the bluetooth connection on the G to see if that will help.
I'm not holding my breath, though.
The service department suggested I call Infiniti Customer Service to complain, but I haven't made time to do that yet either.
Old 04-27-2010, 06:10 PM
svp6

Same problem here, my iphone 3GS worked flawlessly for a whole first 60 min, then gave the funny message. Is it not lovely when things just don't work? I have the latest firmware on iPhone, if anyone came with a solution to the USB problem please post...
Old 04-27-2010, 11:04 PM
salerngo45

i got the same prob
Old 04-29-2010, 11:17 AM
woodG37

Yup, same problem with my 3GS and 2010 G37x.
Old 04-29-2010, 11:19 AM
hispeed-lowdrag
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
it seems the gen1 iphones work fine with the G's but the 3G and 3GS have all kinds of problems

I have a gen1 and I have never had any of the problems people complain about w/ iPhone-G compatibility...
Old 04-29-2010, 11:32 AM
08Gsmith25

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
mine doesnt give an error message, it just sort of freezes up....iphone 3g here
Old 05-05-2010, 01:19 PM
crrink

I would encourage everyone having problem to e-mail Infiniti customer service. The Service department at Austin Infiniti doesn't seem very interested in getting answers for me, so hopefully someone at Infiniti can. Here's the link:
Infiniti USA - Contact Us
Old 05-05-2010, 01:22 PM
NiTeHawKPwNeD

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have an iPhone 3G, works fine with my car had no problems! I usually burn CD's and transfer them to the hard drive/
Old 05-12-2010, 10:48 AM
JJSoCrazy

Update: Spoke with my dealer and a tech from Infiniti came and told them there is an update coming for new iPhone software to make the Infiniti software compatible. When I find out more I will let everyone know!

Quick Reply: Help with USB Port and iPhone!!!