Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

re-newing XM Radio?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2010, 05:41 PM
Infiniti7
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
re-newing XM Radio?

so the other day my free 3 month trail ended for the xm radio and the traffic updates. so i called up and signed up for a year subscription for just the radio. after giving them all my information and my credit card everything was all set. the one thing i was waiting for was for the xm radio stations to come back on. The whole rest of the day and the next day still no raido signal and stations to listen to. So i called up this morning and told them it was not working and they sent out a signal and within 10 seconds of hanging up the phone the XM was back on. They said to wait 15 to 20 mintues to check it but it worked right when i checked it. I am wondering why when i signed up if didnt come on right away and i had to call back for them to re send a signal? what do u think could of happened?
Old 03-18-2010, 06:16 PM
alexg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
77$/year

XM Radio Coupon Codes - all coupons, discounts and promo codes for xmradio.com

follow the links.....

I'm due to renew mine in may...and I won't if they don't give me the 77$/yr...tell them u don't need them if they won't accept your request....they'll give up....

There's thread on the forum about this...use the search button...)))DOMO
Old 03-18-2010, 06:22 PM
SindhiStyle

Originally Posted by Infiniti7
so the other day my free 3 month trail ended for the xm radio and the traffic updates. so i called up and signed up for a year subscription for just the radio. after giving them all my information and my credit card everything was all set. the one thing i was waiting for was for the xm radio stations to come back on. The whole rest of the day and the next day still no raido signal and stations to listen to. So i called up this morning and told them it was not working and they sent out a signal and within 10 seconds of hanging up the phone the XM was back on. They said to wait 15 to 20 mintues to check it but it worked right when i checked it. I am wondering why when i signed up if didnt come on right away and i had to call back for them to re send a signal? what do u think could of happened?
You ask some strange questions...LOL I dont think anyone knows why it didnt work the first time. Talk to XM. Maybe they did not send out the signal the first time, maybe you were in a parking garage where the signal could not get to you...who knows.
Old 03-18-2010, 07:24 PM
jtla

Originally Posted by alexg
XM Radio Coupon Codes - all coupons, discounts and promo codes for xmradio.com

follow the links.....

I'm due to renew mine in may...and I won't if they don't give me the 77$/yr...tell them u don't need them if they won't accept your request....they'll give up....

There's thread on the forum about this...use the search button...)))
Is this $77/year deal for radio only or including traffic? If not including, what is the extra cost for traffic? (I don't care for weather. In fact, those weather warnings really get on my nerve.)

Also, how many station are you getting in SoCal area? I am still in the free trial period and there seems to be only one or two stations in each category that I can receive. Is the number of stations limited during trial period? If that is what I will be getting with subscription, it seems hardly worth the money. I remember there were quite a number of stations when I listened to XM in my rental car in East Coast.
Old 03-18-2010, 07:26 PM
Infiniti7
Registered Member

that sucks because i just paid 142 for the year and thats just the radio. are their better deals out there?
Old 03-18-2010, 07:39 PM
SindhiStyle

the 77 price is just for radio but with taxes it comes out to I think 102 or something like that. I think traffic is another 6 bucks a month or something...
Old 03-18-2010, 08:02 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I've heard from others that they won't do the deal if you want traffic/weather. They say that the $77/year deal is for radio only, and if you want to do add-ons (weather and traffic) it goes back to normal price.

Can anyone chime in on this? Thanks.
Old 03-18-2010, 10:04 PM
Infiniti7
Registered Member

how did u guys get the 77 dollars for the year? i just paid 142 whats the deal with that? how do i get the lower 77 dollars? also they said that when they sent the signal the first time my car was off so i didnt receive the signal so when they resent it my car was on so thats why it worked. i guess it has to be on to get the signal or something. does that sound right to anyone?
Old 03-18-2010, 10:19 PM
FourT2

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
also they said that when they sent the signal the first time my car was off so i didnt receive the signal so when they resent it my car was on so thats why it worked. i guess it has to be on to get the signal or something. does that sound right to anyone?
Your tint is too dark, that's why.

seriously, just call back and cancel or something. I called retentions dept and got mine extended for 3 radios (2 cars and one portable) with XM traffic for 50-something for 3 months. It will get more expensive after 3 months but I will just call again.
Old 03-18-2010, 10:58 PM
TinsleyC

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
that sucks because i just paid 142 for the year and thats just the radio. are their better deals out there?
I did my free trial from Nov-Jan. They bugged me for renewal but I didn't.

I got a flyer in the mail a few weeks ago advertising $4.99 a month for 6 months, but they renew you at the full rate if you don't call at the end of six months to cancel (or talk them into another six months).

The charge went through, $37.37 for six months, after taxes. I guess that's better than $77 per year plus taxes.

I put a reminder on my Outlook Calendar to call in six months.
Old 03-18-2010, 10:59 PM
TinsleyC

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
...and if you call AT&T U-verse and ask them how you can save money on your bill, they will drop $15 off your monthly bill for six months. Just did that on Saturday... I know it's off the Infiniti topic but if you have U-verse, it's worth knowing.
Old 03-18-2010, 11:58 PM
Infiniti7
Registered Member

i called a couple times and talked to them about the 77 dollar rate and they said thats because that was the promotion they were offering right then and its not offered anymore. i asked them multiple times and they didnt seem like they were going to budge. do u think i can still get the 77 rate if i just got charged for the 142 rate?
Old 03-19-2010, 08:38 AM
mossman

i called a couple times and talked to them about the 77 dollar rate and they said thats because that was the promotion they were offering right then and its not offered anymore. i asked them multiple times and they didnt seem like they were going to budge. do u think i can still get the 77 rate if i just got charged for the 142 rate?
Last year they tried to tell me the same thing. They said the first time I got it was the promotion deal. I told them I wanted to disconnect my service. The put me on hold, I got another guy that asked me why I was disconnecting. I told him that they wouldn't give me the $77 a year deal and that was my reason to cancel. I said I don't think the full price is worth it for two reasons. First, you are now putting commercials on the radio stations, and second, my reception goes out all the time. I am in Vermont and we are pretty far north. XM Satellites are stationary in the south. A building even blocks it. You guys in the south shouldn't have as much of an issue with fading.

Anyway, he said no problem and gave me the $77 rate. You have to play hardball with them and tell them to disconnect.
Old 03-19-2010, 01:36 PM
looslip

This is all great info. I'm gonna give this a try since my trial is going up. Do you guys think I'd be able to get a discounted price for the Nav service? Wish me luck!
Old 03-19-2010, 02:20 PM
Chekov
Senior Citizen

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts
how did u guys get the 77 dollars for the year? i just paid 142 whats the deal with that? how do i get the lower 77 dollars? also they said that when they sent the signal the first time my car was off so i didnt receive the signal so when they resent it my car was on so thats why it worked. i guess it has to be on to get the signal or something. does that sound right to anyone?
I think it’s because you’re only allowed to ask them 77 questions per year and you’re now at 142.

Quick Reply: re-newing XM Radio?