Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

re-newing XM Radio?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2010, 04:26 PM
jtla

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jtla
Also, how many station are you getting in SoCal area? I am still in the free trial period and there seems to be only one or two stations in each category that I can receive. Is the number of stations limited during trial period? If that is what I will be getting with subscription, it seems hardly worth the money. I remember there were quite a number of stations when I listened to XM in my rental car in East Coast.
I thought I could not receive all stations. Thanks to a tip from XMMAN, I did a refresh of my activation code, but the problem persisted. So, I played around a little bit and found that the radio only stoped at a handful of stations when using the "SEEK UP" and "SEEK DOWN" buttons. However, it stoped at EVERY station when I used the "SCAN" button. I can also tune to specific station by keying the station number. As far as I can tell, this only happens to XM, but not FM or AM.

Do others experiece this? Is it normal or something needs to be taken care of? I saw another thread mentioning recall for these SEEK buttons, but that seems to be dealing with the reversing direction issue.
Old 03-19-2010, 04:45 PM
XMMAN

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I thought I could not receive all stations. Thanks to a tip from XMMAN, I did a refresh of my activation code, but the problem persisted. So, I played around a little bit and found that the radio only stoped at a handful of stations when using the "SEEK UP" and "SEEK DOWN" buttons. However, it stoped at EVERY station when I used the "SCAN" button. I can also tune to specific station by keying the station number. As far as I can tell, this only happens to XM, but not FM or AM.

Do others experiece this? Is it normal or something needs to be taken care of? I saw another thread mentioning recall for these SEEK buttons, but that seems to be dealing with the reversing direction issue.
depending on what vehicle you have, the seek button might just be jumping from category to category
Old 03-19-2010, 06:28 PM
Infiniti7
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yep i just re newed my subscription on the 16th and i got the 142 dollar deal called back today and told them i was going to cancel if they didnt give me the 77 dollar deal. they tranfered me over and she gave me the 77 dollar deal no problem. so if they charge your credit card for 142 then in a couple days go back and fix the account for 77 dollars i wont get charged twice right? also i wonder if there are even better deals than the 77 dollar deal?
Old 03-19-2010, 10:22 PM
FourT2

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by infiniti7
so if they charge your credit card for 142 then in a couple days go back and fix the account for 77 dollars i wont get charged twice right? Also i wonder if there are even better deals than the 77 dollar deal?
facepalm

</facepalm>
Old 03-20-2010, 12:31 AM
Infiniti7
Registered Member

? still confused. can u please answer the question
Old 03-22-2010, 12:02 PM
BLKG37X

If I were to choose to unsubscribe from XM when my 3 months are up. Does anyone know if I have to call them to diactivate it, or will it just stop working on its own?
Old 03-22-2010, 12:06 PM
SM_Shadowman

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by BLKG37X
If I were to choose to unsubscribe from XM when my 3 months are up. Does anyone know if I have to call them to diactivate it, or will it just stop working on its own?
It will just stop on its own eventually. Some people have found it worked for even longer than 3 months. But you will not get charged for service unless you explicitly contact XM and buy a subscription.
Old 03-22-2010, 12:12 PM
SM_Shadowman

Um, did you try turning the **** on the right, opposite the volume ****?

With mine I have to use the tuning **** or SCAN to go up one station at a time. If your radio is like mine, you'll notice the seek button actually says "SEEK-CAT." The CAT means Category; it allows you to jump to the next category grouping of stations (rock, pop, country, etc). SEEK applies only to AM/FM radio finding the next station that comes in.

One pet peeve is I wish I could tune the stations one-at-a time from the steering wheel controls. It seems I can only use the steering wheel button to jump between my saved stations.
Old 03-22-2010, 05:19 PM
LightsOut

I'm getting calls now for 24.00 for the next 3 months.

for 6 months its fifty something

then for a year its 96.00

I'm just waiting until I get something in the mail
Old 03-22-2010, 06:12 PM
chasemyaccord

Originally Posted by LightsOut
I'm getting calls now for 24.00 for the next 3 months.

for 6 months its fifty something

then for a year its 96.00

I'm just waiting until I get something in the mail
Wait, did XM and Sirius merge yet? Or is that just the new inflated price? I remember getting 5 month trials for $19.99 and $76 for the year.
Old 03-22-2010, 09:54 PM
dainjarouz
Premier Member

im going to do the $77/year thing...AFTER my $37 for 6 months is up!! its 4.99 call and tell them you got that postcard in the mail.
Old 03-22-2010, 09:56 PM
dainjarouz
Premier Member

when i called about it..i told the guy yea i got a postcard in the mail..and he said "you want to tell me something about the postcard?"

once he said that ...i knew you could just lie and say 4.99 or maybe even less? they do that because they have so many different rates..if you'd say 6.99 theyd give you that...
Old 03-23-2010, 01:06 AM
jtla

Originally Posted by SM_Shadowman
Um, did you try turning the **** on the right, opposite the volume ****?

With mine I have to use the tuning **** or SCAN to go up one station at a time. If your radio is like mine, you'll notice the seek button actually says "SEEK-CAT." The CAT means Category; it allows you to jump to the next category grouping of stations (rock, pop, country, etc). SEEK applies only to AM/FM radio finding the next station that comes in.
Yes, I can tune the stations with the ****. In fact, I found that to be the easiest and fastest way. Aslo, thanks for pointing out how the "SEEK-CAT" works. That clarifies it.
Old 03-23-2010, 09:04 AM
dopey
Registered Member

I'm on my 3rd year of 77/yr. I just keep on telling them it's not worth it for me to pay more than that and if I don't get it, I'm cancelling and they just give it to me. I'm not sure what the traffic and weather is going to be. They suspended my pay services for 3 months for me to get the free trial with my 2010 .
Old 03-23-2010, 10:04 AM
alexg

This 77$/yr must be nice......i can't wait for mine to end so I can talk crap again to those people on XM...lol

Quick Reply: re-newing XM Radio?