Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Latest XM rates?????????

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2010, 07:57 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
I was on the phone for over 2.5 hours talking to idiots at XM. While doing our taxes a few weeks ago, the wife noticed that they had been charging me $85.xx every 3 months from my bank account. I didn't know because she handles bills/banking. She thought it must be something I was paying for. I paid for a full year in advance for XM/Nav traffic last February. So WTF was the extra $350 last year for? I finally got someone less stupid on the phone who said its for a home XM receiver and subscription for it, which I don't and never have had. I explained this to 3 different levels of morons but they simply couldn't seem to understand that I never wanted, ordered, nor received any XM home equipment. They just kept saying that they emailed me a confirmation and it was activated. But not by me! I likely deleted their email as spam like every other email from XM because I DIDN'T ORDER ANYTHING FROM THEM!

The supervisory moron tells me that she will go ahead and cancel my home XM subscription. Great because I didn't order it! Now what about the $350 or so you have been charging me in error for the past year, when can I expect my refund? Sorry, we cant refund any past charges for service. WTF? But I didn't order or receive any service! Sorry, can't refund it. Can't or won't? Neither. Really? Really.

Because it's been for the past year, I can only dispute the last charge from the 4th quarter because the bank will only allow you to refute fraudulent charges from within the past 90 days. So Im screwed out of over $250 dollars for service I never had or ordered from XM Satellite radio. Wow.

Nothing personal against you XMMAN, I know it's not your fault personally, but your employer sucks donkey *****. I truly hope they go belly up as a company and if there's anything I can do to promote or hasten their demise, I'm willing. Any company who's policy is to not refund fraudulent charges that have been charged in error rather than keep a customer happy and continuing to renew is pretty shortsighted and stupid.

Fuck you XM and let Sirius take one up the ass too.
Old 03-18-2010, 11:53 PM
whiddles
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
wow betty you a mad man now. never seen you like this.
Old 03-19-2010, 12:10 AM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Originally Posted by whiddles
wow betty you a mad man now. never seen you like this.
LOL. Reading my post afterward I had to chuckle becsue it does seem like the ranting of an enraged madman doesn't it? I got really angry about it and reading this thread brought it back up. I'm usually a pretty laid back guy, right?

I do still hope XM/Sirius DIAF though. And gets ball cancer.
Old 03-19-2010, 07:48 AM
XMMAN

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Black Betty
LOL. Reading my post afterward I had to chuckle becsue it does seem like the ranting of an enraged madman doesn't it? I got really angry about it and reading this thread brought it back up. I'm usually a pretty laid back guy, right?

I do still hope XM/Sirius DIAF though. And gets ball cancer.
Thanks bro.. maybe I'll loose my job and my G also.. Just because you had a bad experience, and i'm am truly sorry for that, doesn't mean that everyone who works for a company deserves to loose their job. I know your a good guy, you've helped me a few times on here, but think of the losses we would take as a company if anyone could call and say "hey my XM wasn't working for the last year, give me my money back".
Old 03-19-2010, 08:02 AM
eusedhe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lol XMMAN, you dont get it either.

Last edited by eusedhe; 03-19-2010 at 08:03 AM. Reason: typo
Old 03-19-2010, 01:19 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Originally Posted by XMMAN
Thanks bro.. maybe I'll loose my job and my G also.. Just because you had a bad experience, and i'm am truly sorry for that, doesn't mean that everyone who works for a company deserves to loose their job. I know your a good guy, you've helped me a few times on here, but think of the losses we would take as a company if anyone could call and say "hey my XM wasn't working for the last year, give me my money back".
Well I'd hate for you to be hurt by it personally and I see what you mean. I still think the policy is stupid, lots of companies refund customers just because they didn't like the product or service. Not all, but lots do. Even if it causes them to take a loss and it's not their fault in the interest of keeping the consumer happy and building a great reputation for service. I understand they can't be done all the time and I definitely know from owning multiple business that the customer is most certainly NOT always right. However, as I said I didn't even receive or use the product or service. And they still can't/won't refund me. Sad really. They could have made a loyal customer and advocate but instead chose to make a sworn enemy and detractor for life. For $350. I wonder if anyone at corporate has thought about how much that is actually going to cost them in the long run? A hell of a lot more than the $350 they should have given back to me for sure. Best of luck to you XMMAN.
Old 03-19-2010, 04:18 PM
cjkeno

When my free trial ran out they would call me at work every week with offers and I would always ask if I could get Howard Stern and they would say "no sir, this is only for XM" and I would say then no I'm not interested. Well they finally smartened up and the girl I spoke to on my "weekly call" said they had a best of Sirius package that included Stern so I asked how much and she gave me the whole XM package with the best of Sirius package for 3 months at 9.99 so I took it. So when the 3 months are about to expire I just plan to call them and say I'm gonna cancel and I'm sure they'll give me another great offer to stay! They are so desperate for subscribers!
Old 03-19-2010, 08:09 PM
Infiniti7
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i just got the 1 year 77 dollar rate. im wondering if their is anything out there even better than that for a one year rate?
Old 03-20-2010, 12:32 AM
Infiniti7
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
do u think they could go even lower or a better deal than the 77 dollar one year rate?
Old 03-20-2010, 10:16 AM
downsc123

Originally Posted by cjkeno
When my free trial ran out they would call me at work every week with offers and I would always ask if I could get Howard Stern and they would say "no sir, this is only for XM" and I would say then no I'm not interested. Well they finally smartened up and the girl I spoke to on my "weekly call" said they had a best of Sirius package that included Stern so I asked how much and she gave me the whole XM package with the best of Sirius package for 3 months at 9.99 so I took it. So when the 3 months are about to expire I just plan to call them and say I'm gonna cancel and I'm sure they'll give me another great offer to stay! They are so desperate for subscribers!
How did they get your phone number...did your dealer give it to them?
Old 03-21-2010, 01:51 PM
mziegler

Originally Posted by Gyoza
FYI, i called to cancel and they offererd me the $77 dollar deal, then they offered me 1 free month, then they offered me 3 free months: which I took but will still cancel after that.

XM Traffic is absolutely worthless.

Being able to listen to Pandora via my iPhone killed XM for me.
I agree with everything here. Pandora words great with my Droid, and I thought the traffic was terrible. If you are in a big city you can get traffic every 5-10 minutes.

Even the sound through Pandora was good through my droid. It should be better if I pay the $36 a year for it.
Old 03-21-2010, 06:51 PM
CHI-TOWN G37

XM has come and gone. There, I said it again. My iPhone has complete traffic and the content on XM is non intuitive to access, on-demand user interface is non existent, and content selection is archaic. It will suffer a slow and painful demise.
Old 03-22-2010, 01:03 AM
SM_Shadowman

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by XMMAN
I know your a good guy, you've helped me a few times on here, but think of the losses we would take as a company if anyone could call and say "hey my XM wasn't working for the last year, give me my money back".
Jeez, you must be one of those same CSRs that didn't understand his problem. It's not that the service wasn't working, it's that they were charging for a product he never ordered in the first place. The flip side of what you are saying is, what if XM just decided to start randomly charging many of its customers for products they never asked for and refused to refund their money?

Black Betty, I wouldn't give up yet. Try the contact info posted below, and if that doesn't get you anywhere, small claims court.
Executive Contact Information For Sirius XM Satellite Radio - The Consumerist
Old 03-22-2010, 01:33 AM
britishmutt

Originally Posted by Black Betty
I was on the phone for over 2.5 hours talking to idiots at XM.

...snipped...

Fuck you XM and let Sirius take one up the ass too.
I think it's still worth fighting for, clearly you shouldn't be paying for something you didn't ask for, but you might also have to take one in the ***** this time. The fact that you didn't discover the mistake (or fraud or however you think it went down) for a year is pretty poor on your part.
Old 03-22-2010, 03:01 AM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Originally Posted by SM_Shadowman
Jeez, you must be one of those same CSRs that didn't understand his problem. It's not that the service wasn't working, it's that they were charging for a product he never ordered in the first place. The flip side of what you are saying is, what if XM just decided to start randomly charging many of its customers for products they never asked for and refused to refund their money?

Black Betty, I wouldn't give up yet. Try the contact info posted below, and if that doesn't get you anywhere, small claims court.
Executive Contact Information For Sirius XM Satellite Radio - The Consumerist
It's not XMMAN's fault., he had nothing to do with it and was only trying to explain the company's policy and position. I fully disagree with it, but don't hold him responsible for his employer's action. He has actually tried to help me.

Originally Posted by britishmutt
I think it's still worth fighting for, clearly you shouldn't be paying for something you didn't ask for, but you might also have to take one in the ***** this time. The fact that you didn't discover the mistake (or fraud or however you think it went down) for a year is pretty poor on your part.
You sir are correct, shame on me for not paying closer attention. I may end up getting screwed becasue I didnt catch it earlier.

Quick Reply: Latest XM rates?????????