Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Review V1/country joy mount/stealth cord

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2010, 07:30 AM
beerme986

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
V1/country joy mount/stealth cord

V1: I wont go into a full review here since there are plenty out there. But I must say this has saved me countless times.

country joy mount: I chose this over Mikes mount because mikes mount has the the screws showing as silver which didnt look very clean. The country joy mount looks sleek but I must say it was a pain to put on. It fits very very snug (in other words you must have patience to make this thing fit right) Once tightened down it wont move around.

stealth cord: Overpriced for what it is, you can google it and make it yourself for cheap. (found this out after ordering it) There are two prongs that you must stick in to the power clip thing for the mirror. BE CAREFUL! there are two prongs and break easy if you push to hard. One of mine snapped in half but I managed to get it in and it still worked.

the mount is not very cheap, neither is the cord but I felt both were needed as I hated it suctioned to my window. Not a clear pic but you get the idea.

Last edited by beerme986; 05-14-2010 at 04:57 PM.
Old 03-03-2010, 11:38 AM
FourT2

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Looks good! IMO, this is the ideal mounting position, but how visible is the radar from the outside? Do you leave it there all the time or do you take it off when you park on the street? I don't want my car broken into over a radar, so I was thinking about using a visor clip with a stealth cord. But it seems to me that mounting on the visor makes it harder to see and use for the driver and also limits the use of the visor.
Old 03-03-2010, 12:15 PM
beerme986

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I tried the visor clip and that thing is a waste. It is up so high I dont understand how you are supposed to see it. It looks awkard too.

I have dark tint so the radar is difficult to see from the windshield unless you really look for it. I normally leave the radar connected unless I know I am some risky area.

BTW, make sure you install the stealth cord BEFORE you put on the v1 mount. otherwise your access is blocked to do the stealth cord.