Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

nav icons ... how to get info?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2010, 08:39 AM
vactor
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
nav icons ... how to get info?

if one has (for instance) gas stations and restaurants set as icons displayed on the nav screen, is there any way to quickly get information oin them? like adddress and phone number? my old nav system let me just tap on the screen to focus on the icon and then i could tap the info button and the phone number and address came up and i could call them with another tap. does this nav system let me do that as well?

p.s.
also, is the a way to get a qwerty keyboard on the screen? i simply cannot believe that the only keyboard available is the totally unintuitive abcde ... weak.
Old 02-23-2010, 09:15 AM
WhosUrBuddiee
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
No and No
Old 02-23-2010, 11:58 AM
FourT2

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by vactor
also, is the a way to get a qwerty keyboard on the screen? i simply cannot believe that the only keyboard available is the totally unintuitive abcde ... weak.
yes, there is, I did it on my 09. It is in the options somewhere, just go look through them.
Old 02-23-2010, 12:48 PM
jzinckgra

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by vactor
if one has (for instance) gas stations and restaurants set as icons displayed on the nav screen, is there any way to quickly get information oin them? like adddress and phone number? my old nav system let me just tap on the screen to focus on the icon and then i could tap the info button and the phone number and address came up and i could call them with another tap. does this nav system let me do that as well?

p.s.
I thought there was a way. Gotta check the manual again.
Old 02-24-2010, 01:07 PM
Chekov
Senior Citizen

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts
Yes, there is a way. To get a restaurant’s address and phone number from the nav just press the DEST button, select Points of Interest, Restaurant, Restaurant All, Nearby POI (or by name or city), and the restaurants in your area will be listed. Press the Enter button for the one you want and then POI Info. The name, address and phone number of that establishment will be listed.
Old 02-24-2010, 04:12 PM
vactor
Registered Member

Originally Posted by jzinckgra
I thought there was a way. Gotta check the manual again.
yeah, i did find the setting to get it from ABC to qwerty. just took some searching as i could not find it in the manual.
Old 02-24-2010, 04:13 PM
vactor
Registered Member

now if only i could get the nav screen to show every coffee shop on the map the same way it does gas stations we'd be in business but alas, coffee shop and cafe are not even listed in "restaurants" or "other" ... so where the heck DO i find a starbucks?? lol