Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Help with browsing through mp3 folder structure

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 01:08 PM
cbaywolf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help with browsing through mp3 folder structure

First Post:

I have a G37x with Nav- I use DVD's and the USB input (a 4 GB flash drive)- and both work great for playing music. The question i have is about being able to browse the file structure without actually changing the currently playing track- is this possible.

IE- I have about 500 songs in 30 different folders on a disk or drive- I can bring up the browse screen on the navigation display and see the whole folder structure, but when i actually start scrolling through the 30 folders, one-by-one, it keeps changing the playing track to a song in the particular folder that i am scrolling through- is there a setting to only make it change the currently playing track when an actual *song* is selected? It's just very annoying that it changes the song that is being played if i have to scroll through 30-50 folders to find what i'm looking for.

thanks!

ps- i love all of the options for playing music in this car- i also use Slacker Radio (similar to Pandora) that i stream through my blackberry using the bluetooth connection, and it works great! this is a great alternative to paying for Satellite radio. and i like internet radio much better since it allows you to skip songs that you don't like.

one of the biggest reasons i bought this car was b/c of the tech features, and i haven't been dissapointed- although the Music Box system was a little bit of a letdown in that there is no easy way to move files onto the music box besides ripping them from audio CD's- and almost all of my music is digital, and i don't even have CD's.
Old 02-18-2010, 03:02 PM
strdr19

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I dont think you can change that "feature" where it changes the track as you scroll. i agree its annoying