Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Problem with iPhone phone book download and 2010 G37

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 06:58 PM
SCWells72

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by allagaroo
I went through the workaround and repaired iPHONE successfully and eliminated corruption. Disabled the autosynch for the handset and this morning it was corrupted again. VERY ANNOYING!!!!!!!!!!!! I paired my wife's phone yesterday and I don't know if that was a factor in getting the corruption back.
J
Interesting. Ever since I disabled auto-sync in the car's settings, I haven't had any problems at all (and I'm sure I just jinxed myself by typing that!). I haven't paired my wife's iPhone, though, so that may be the culprit. Please post back up if you can isolate it confidently to that.
Old 03-02-2010, 08:22 PM
dopey
Registered Member

Originally Posted by SCWells72
Interesting. Ever since I disabled auto-sync in the car's settings, I haven't had any problems at all (and I'm sure I just jinxed myself by typing that!). I haven't paired my wife's iPhone, though, so that may be the culprit. Please post back up if you can isolate it confidently to that.
Me too. Ever since disabling auto-sync I haven't had the problem. I also disabled it on the phone too though.
Old 03-07-2010, 12:09 AM
canadoc

does any of this apply to 2009 model?
Would love to download contacts to the car
Old 03-09-2010, 12:12 PM
dopey
Registered Member

Originally Posted by canadoc
does any of this apply to 2009 model?
Would love to download contacts to the car
no. the contact syncing feature is new to the 2010.
Old 03-09-2010, 12:14 PM
SCWells72

By the way, I've supplied a link to this thread to my dealership and they've stated intentions to route it to "the powers that be". No guarantees anything will come of that, but if I hear back on the bug and any potential upcoming fixes or other viable workarounds, I'll pass them on here. Cross your fingers!
Old 03-09-2010, 05:37 PM
txpatti

That's interesting, my dealership said it works on the 2009 but when I try, it disconnects my phone's pairing.
Old 04-14-2010, 11:09 PM
matchan

anyone having issues with iPhone A2DP / bluetooth audio skipping ?
Old 04-30-2010, 01:22 AM
ripleyIII

Audio skipping

I have audio skipping with my iPhone (among the other problems I'm having with the phone). I actually timed it -- it skips every 2 seconds! No one can possibly listen to anything that skips every two seconds.
Old 05-04-2010, 06:06 PM
matchan

Is there a workaround for the

1) skipping
2) transferring phone book to car ?
Old 05-05-2010, 01:22 PM
crrink

I would encourage everyone having problems to call or e-mail Infiniti customer service. The Service department at Austin Infiniti doesn't seem very interested in getting answers for me, so hopefully someone at Infiniti can. Here's the link:
Infiniti USA - Contact Us
Old 05-07-2010, 12:13 AM
matchan

Called Infiniti support today. Bluetooth division acknowledged corruption as a problem and said techs are working on a fix

Navi division (transferred by BT tech) said they have never heard of A2DP skipping problem and basically after putting me on hold for 20 mins said his supervisor said its not in his job description to even document A2DP issues and they dont have a 2010 G37 on the floor to recreate the problem) - essentially told me its not his problem. What an a******..

Infiniti must either build better cars, support customers better or exit the luxury market
Old 05-07-2010, 01:20 AM
TheLocNar
Registered Member

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts
Been getting the garbled phonebook lately as well. At first (first 2 weeks or so after I got the car) it was fine.
Old 05-09-2010, 02:23 PM
spiderguy

Hello,

Dopey mentioned that the problem seemed to come up when he paired his iPhone as both a phone *and* an audio device. When you pair it as an audio device, does that mean that you are pairing it to stream music via Bluetooth?

I am looking at buying a 2010 G37 (currently own a 2005 G35) - but these problems would really irritate me as the iPod and iPhone integration are features I am interested in. However, I am not interested in streaming my music via Bluetooth.

I was planning on putting an iPod Classic in and connecting it via the USB port. I like the 160GB; and that seems to be the best option to avoid issues with charging, disconnecting, etc. In other words, it seems from what I have read that you can just plug the iPod in and forget about it.

My iPhone I want to sync via Bluetooth, obviously. And I want the address book to be uncorrupted. I don't see myself streaming music via Bluetooth, if that is what pairing it as an audio device means.

If that is my plan, does it sound like these particular gremlins will vex me?

Thanks in advance.
Old 05-10-2010, 12:35 AM
matchan

Address book corruption is an issue that is not connected with A2DP. But if you turn off Sync in your iPhone you should be OK
Old 05-23-2010, 11:21 PM
CJM

The ipod classic connected to usb will work--it works for me, no problem. The iphone address book will not, until infinity fixes it. Blue tooth works fine in that it answers and makes calls, but it will garble the numbers in the address book.

Quick Reply: Problem with iPhone phone book download and 2010 G37