Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Front parking sensors and front camera

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 10:21 PM
Greg Lecewicz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Front parking sensors and front camera

I went to the dealership to ask them if G37coupe nav radio is the same as EX's radio. If so it would be possible to install the front camera and the front parking sensors in the coupe! Unfortunately they could not answer. I've heard there is an interface connecting the front camera to the navigation system radio. Anybody with any ideas if this could be done? It would be a great help to save those low lips from being scraped on occasions. I've seen the sensors on Sams car I wonder if this is some Mid-East only option?
Old 02-04-2010, 07:17 PM
Infiniti93
Banned

Originally Posted by Greg Lecewicz
I went to the dealership to ask them if G37coupe nav radio is the same as EX's radio. If so it would be possible to install the front camera and the front parking sensors in the coupe! Unfortunately they could not answer. I've heard there is an interface connecting the front camera to the navigation system radio. Anybody with any ideas if this could be done? It would be a great help to save those low lips from being scraped on occasions. I've seen the sensors on Sams car I wonder if this is some Mid-East only option?
Sam is from the Mid-East?!?!?!??!!?!?1

Old 02-04-2010, 10:16 PM
JohnEnglish
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Even if the radio is the same the wiring wouldn't be in place for it so you'd have to wire everything up. I'm sure you could do this but how much are you looking to spend becuase this won't be cheap.
Old 02-06-2010, 12:57 AM
Greg Lecewicz

Originally Posted by Infiniti93

It's been Egipt for thousands of years till they decided to call the country UAE.
Old 02-06-2010, 01:02 AM
Greg Lecewicz

camera wires

Originally Posted by JohnEnglish
Even if the radio is the same the wiring wouldn't be in place for it so you'd have to wire everything up. I'm sure you could do this but how much are you looking to spend becuase this won't be cheap.
it would be just a double wire going from the front to the navigation, simple DIY. Question is if the coupes radio has an input for the front camera or maybe it is the only camera input and just a dif interface they use to hookup the front camera or the sensors.
Old 02-06-2010, 04:27 AM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 243 Likes on 193 Posts
Originally Posted by Greg Lecewicz
I'll have a look down there for you next time I take the bumper off to see where all the wiring goes, for the record though, it won't save your lip, the sensors only sense walls, they don't sit low enough to sense curbs. One of my sensors got condensation for some reason which is why I drive with it off all the time now. Backup camera is more than enough for me to be honest, I sure wouldn't mind a camera up front too though

Originally Posted by Infiniti93

Yeah as it says in Location.. Please don't tell me you thought Dubai was in the US
Old 02-06-2010, 11:56 AM
jnguyen

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
wait Sam you have front sensors? Wth
Old 02-06-2010, 02:37 PM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 243 Likes on 193 Posts
Originally Posted by jnguyen
wait Sam you have front sensors? Wth
Bumper queen is jealous?
Old 02-07-2010, 01:10 PM
Q8y_drifter

Received 39 Likes on 9 Posts
Front and rear parking sensors are available from factory on GCC spec and JDM spec G's. Same goes with the side corners/indicators.
Old 02-13-2010, 01:46 AM
Greg Lecewicz

found an interface on Ebay

[QUOTE=G37Sam;2855958]I'll have a look down there for you next time I take the bumper off to see where all the wiring goes, for the record though, it won't save your lip, the sensors only sense walls, they don't sit low enough to sense curbs. One of my sensors got condensation for some reason which is why I drive with it off all the time now. Backup camera is more than enough for me to be honest, I sure wouldn't mind a camera up front too though

Infiniti G35 G37 NAV Video Converter DVD,Back Up Camera - eBay (item 380194970365 end time Mar-07-10 1704 PST) What do you think Sam?
Old 02-17-2010, 03:07 PM
Don Meshal

loool GCC spec comes with sensors but the camera is limited unlike the FX
Old 02-17-2010, 05:13 PM
Q8y_drifter

Received 39 Likes on 9 Posts
limited?