Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Does the premium package sound system suck?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2009, 08:47 PM
Ivoidwarranties
Premier Member

Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by soldier9599
Seriously? I find it can easily get much louder than I'd ever want it to be. I don't bring the bass past default very often, but if I do, any more than 3/4 of the way is too loud. Don't think I've ever brought the master volume above 3/4 either, it just starts to get painful. Maybe if I was trying to have people outside my car hear my music I'd think it isn't loud enough but if I have to scream for the person next to me to hear me I think it's too loud.
Yes, seriously.

I'm not into loud. I go for sq not spl and while I've never tried to find out how loud it wil get, I've tried every setting to improve the quality. I'm happy that some are happy with what they got. I'm not one of those people.
Old 12-07-2009, 09:02 PM
chasemyaccord

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by BocaIvan
I have the audio stage thing on, it sounded like crap without it...
Well as the driver, I do agree that it sounds better with Driver's Stage enabled. But I keep it on since I figure it might sound crappy to the passenger in the car. Perhaps we should try sitting in the passenger's seat to compare.

I'm not particularly blown away by this sound system. It does the job, that's all I have to say. I do wish there was more kick to the bass (I had a couple 10" subs in my last car that I miss from time to time). Lexus and their Mark Levinson systems are probably one of the best factory setups I've heard to date.
Old 12-08-2009, 08:33 AM
BOXER83

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think there is not enough watts for our factory system. I think they detuned everything in this car the engine, the sound system. I think with a little more watts everyone will be happy. I want the highs to be louder myself. Bass can be added very easy.
Old 12-08-2009, 09:26 AM
jane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You can't do anything to a bose system easy.
Old 12-08-2009, 11:23 AM
sbmwg37s

You want better sound quality yet use an iPod.....hmmmm
Old 12-08-2009, 04:06 PM
demuslee

I'm not impressed as well with the Bose system in my coupe. I thought it would have had more bass being a bose, but its got more mid and highs. I think those 10" subs are mid range woofers cause I'm not getting much base. I moved the base to max and its just ok. My pathfinder's basic nissan sound system has more base and it doesnt come with a woofer. Besides using an ipod, is there a way we can boost the sub's performance by adding an external amp to the factory system?
Old 12-08-2009, 06:05 PM
Mike P

Reproduced sound quality depends on the recorded sound quality. I have noticed that my older songs are more mufled than the more recent ones. This is especially evident in music not digitally mastered. All in all this is a better than average system and as with everything there are some trade offs. It's funny the way some people think you should get the greatest quality everything in a car priced at $40K. Too bad that is now an average price for a car and does not command the awe that it once did.
Old 12-08-2009, 07:38 PM
Ivoidwarranties
Premier Member

Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts
That's just it, it's NOT better than average.
Old 12-08-2009, 08:32 PM
RedG37SNC

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Mike P
Reproduced sound quality depends on the recorded sound quality. I have noticed that my older songs are more mufled than the more recent ones. This is especially evident in music not digitally mastered. All in all this is a better than average system and as with everything there are some trade offs. It's funny the way some people think you should get the greatest quality everything in a car priced at $40K. Too bad that is now an average price for a car and does not command the awe that it once did.
Grab the free tool called MP3Gain for those old recordings. You'll see that their gain is down in the 70-85s, regain to 99 and try them. I'd invest in upgrading the stock system further but really haven't felt the need to do more then adding a sub. The difference is well worth the investment.
Old 12-08-2009, 08:41 PM
chasemyaccord

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by RedG37SNC
Grab the free tool called MP3Gain for those old recordings. You'll see that their gain is down in the 70-85s, regain to 99 and try them. I'd invest in upgrading the stock system further but really haven't felt the need to do more then adding a sub. The difference is well worth the investment.
Agreed. I really want to add a low profile 10 or 12" sub to the back. I don't really want that much more bass anyway, just enough to notice.
Old 12-08-2009, 09:01 PM
2009Black

Originally Posted by Mike P
It should at least top a Ford Fusion Hybrid with it's Sony system. Although I found the Fusion has 12 speakers. Impressive for a car that stickers in the 20's.
Old 12-08-2009, 09:02 PM
2009Black

Originally Posted by sbmwg37s
You want better sound quality yet use an iPod.....hmmmm
Yes do you have a better suggestion?
Old 12-08-2009, 10:11 PM
jane

Originally Posted by RedG37SNC
My best sounding cds are the org's from 85, 86 before the pressing plants were in the states. Uncompressed.