Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Stereo on base G37?

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2009, 03:22 PM
Gadgetguy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stereo on base G37?

Hello all,Initially I wanted to buy a RWD G37 sedan, but after quite a bit of reading and asking around I have came to realize that I may be better off with AWD (I am in Canada). That however reduces my budget - so I will probably go for the AWD base model.
Has anyone a G37 (or G35) with the base stereo? How is the sound quality? I asked the dealer I have been to two days ago, and he said all he sells is the upgraded (Bose) stereo - so he was not sure...
Any experience / comments would be welcome!
Old 11-29-2009, 08:44 PM
cdebnil

Originally Posted by Gadgetguy
Hello all,Initially I wanted to buy a RWD G37 sedan, but after quite a bit of reading and asking around I have came to realize that I may be better off with AWD (I am in Canada). That however reduces my budget - so I will probably go for the AWD base model.
Has anyone a G37 (or G35) with the base stereo? How is the sound quality? I asked the dealer I have been to two days ago, and he said all he sells is the upgraded (Bose) stereo - so he was not sure...
Any experience / comments would be welcome!
I have a G37 base...I'm not an audiophile or anything but don't see a huge difference between my stereo and my friend's G37 with the Bose system....Base is not as thumping but it's adequate for my needs...
Old 12-04-2009, 03:52 PM
botosoft

I have the base stereo. It's decent. It's certainly doesn't sound like a punitive stripper system for folks who chose to forgo the Premium package.

I spent a day with a Bose-equipped loaner. I'm sure more time with the Bose would have been more revealing, but in that one day, I returned the car without noting much difference.