Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

XM desperation rates

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2010, 01:57 PM
philter25

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
XM called me a few months ago to renew, and I told them I didnt want to renew and they asked me why.

I told them the sound quality of XM was horrible over my radio, which it is. Listening to my local rock station, the sound is clear and crisp, and when you switch over to XM, it sounds flat and dull. Its like watching HD tv. vs. an old tube TV.

If XM had the quality that my local radio had, I would consider subscribing as I found a few stations that I liked, but I couldnt get over the horrible audio quality differences.
Old 01-12-2010, 10:50 PM
Shane D
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by bschurr
Thanks for the reply but I have the full enchalada not just 60 preview channels.

Is there a way that I can check the status of my subscription without jeopardizing my free situation?

I did buy the car off the showroom floor - perhaps they set it up with some special subscription because I never signed any XM paperwork upon delivery
Maybe you could just check your account online? This is a belated response because I only spoke to XM last night. They called to ask what I thought of the service and whether I would like to extend. He gave me my "account #" but told me I could also find it on my radio on channel 0. He said I could use that code to log on to xmradio.ca and listen to XM channels online.
I would imagine that you could check your account status online with that login #?

Shane D
Old 01-12-2010, 11:29 PM
SnoopDawg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
XM auto renewed my account at full price ($180) after the 5 months for $20.

$180! are you kidding me!? It's a radio!

The sad part was that this account was on my RIP'd car that was totaled 3 months ago... Called and canceled this morning... Way too expensive for what you get IMO. If my car was my office maybe, but for a short daily driver, not so much...
Old 01-12-2010, 11:41 PM
Shane D
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Arrow

Originally Posted by SnoopDawg
XM auto renewed my account at full price ($180) after the 5 months for $20.

$180! are you kidding me!? It's a radio!

The sad part was that this account was on my RIP'd car that was totaled 3 months ago... Called and canceled this morning... Way too expensive for what you get IMO. If my car was my office maybe, but for a short daily driver, not so much...
I paid $99.00 for a year. Told them that a guy on myG37 paid $77.00 in US dollars. I said that if I could get get a year for $99.00 I would probably sign up. He went offline for several minutes, came back and said we will do it for $99.00. Maybe I could have nickle and dimed more but I like the service and took it.

Shane D
Old 01-17-2010, 09:33 PM
Beer Magazine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What I don't like is that we have Sirius in one car and now I have to pay for it in another. When we'll we get XM by household and not by vehicle or house?

XMMAN, do I get Howard for free for 3 months? And is there a group rate since we paid way more for Sirius and now we have XM?